Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Optical Storage > BC-06B1ST  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Firmware and driver updates New Topic
Prince
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/13/2010 4:13:00 AM # 1
I am looking for the current firmware and driver for my DRW-2014S1T drives. I can find the ones for XP64 and Vista64, but not Windows 7. I tried to install first the Vista64 version, and then the XP64 firmware version - both installations errored out with the following: "Get Drive Modelname Error". The drives work fine with most products, using the 2006 Microsoft generic driver. However, Proshow Producer will not recognize the DVD drives - thus my hunt for updated drivers and firmware. Where can I find the latest firmware for Win7? Where can I find the latest drivers for Win7? Thank you

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
VampireFrost
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 13
Posted:1/22/2010 4:35:00 PM # 2
Windows 7 and Windows Vista are pretty much the same OS so you can use the ones for Vista on Win7.
The firmware is OS independent its the software that is OS dependent.
Also if you installed it make sure that you have the master and slave settings right on the toggles on the back if you are using more then one optical drive.
Also with some drives when you try to update the firmware it wants to be the only drive in your system. So just unplug the power from the drive and then try that, if it still does not make sure its master. I had one that did this to me and it had to be the only optical drive and the master before it would update.

If all that does not work then its is possible that you got a bad drive.

Always be carefull when you do a firmware update that you get the right one if you do not you will ruin your drive.

jasperdog
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/24/2011 6:57:00 AM # 3
I have exactly same problem on new Windows 7 installation. I ran the firmware update program from support CD. It eventually askes for my OS, but the pick list is totally empty so I can't select anything.

Michael
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/16/2012 12:54:00 PM # 4
Same issue... Not only can I not find a firmware update (or device drivers)... but Windows only recognizes it as a Standard CD-ROM. I cant burn with it :( Looked at the Properties>Driver and it says driver is from Microsoft, not ASUS. I have tried to uninstall and re-install a few times. Nothing works.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.