Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]3D support on O!Play HDP-R1 New Topic
Rock
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/25/2011 12:36:00 AM # 1
Does anyone know if 3D video content such as SBS will be supported by O!Play player? Is this feature can be added just by a simple firmware upgrade? Is ASUS RD dept will be working on this feature in the soon future? Currently I have Sony Bravia 3D TV, and watching stunning 3D movies from Blu-ray player is quite amazing. However, I couldn't get O!play media player to playback 3D video content or 3D media files onto the TV. The TV will only display two side by side screens. Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
LeMaestro
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:7/10/2011 9:49:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Rock Posted: 6/25/2011 12:36:00 AM

Does anyone know if 3D video content such as SBS will be supported by O!Play player? Is this feature can be added just by a simple firmware upgrade? Is ASUS RD dept will be working on this feature in the soon future? Currently I have Sony Bravia 3D TV, and watching stunning 3D movies from Blu-ray player is quite amazing. However, I couldn't get O!play media player to playback 3D video content or 3D media files onto the TV. The TV will only display two side by side screens. Thanks!

This would be amazing since the player lacks the necessary hardware(like HDMI 1.4) to play 3D content.

Monty
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/13/2011 1:01:00 AM # 3
I have O!play with original firmware for more than a year now. Never updated firmware. Recently purchased Sony Bravia 3D TV and has no problem viewing 3D media in MKV format from O!Play. Video output - HDMI to TV and audio output - optical to a receiver. Just make sure that video format is anamorphic. Both vertical and horizontal half-side-by-side formats are supported. I also usually transcode audio to DTS 5.1 and use O!play raw option. It produces more dynamic and crisp sound on my home theater system.

Rock
Level :
Posted:7/19/2011 5:58:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Monty Posted: 7/13/2011 1:01:00 AM

I have O!play with original firmware for more than a year now. Never updated firmware. Recently purchased Sony Bravia 3D TV and has no problem viewing 3D media in MKV format from O!Play. Video output - HDMI to TV and audio output - optical to a receiver. Just make sure that video format is anamorphic. Both vertical and horizontal half-side-by-side formats are supported. I also usually transcode audio to DTS 5.1 and use O!play raw option. It produces more dynamic and crisp sound on my home theater system.

Finally I got my O!Play to display 3D SBS media contents also in MKV format on my new Sony Bravia 3D TV as well. It was simply a setting on my new TV that need to manually set the 3D TV display "everytime" to enable the SBS content from O!Play. The TV will not automatically detect the signal coming in with 3D SBS, not like when I played back 3D content from my 3D Blu-ray player which the TV will automatically switch to 3D mode. The next problem, which I will post onto other topic, will be related to the throughput of O!Play. For example, I have a single 3D HD media in MKV format that is over 40GB, the video and audio (HD DTS) rather to be very sluggish when streaming over the network. At first I thought it was my 2008 server with my highend gigabit switch not fast enough to stream 40GB over to O!play's 100Mb port. I decided to plug my USB drive directly into O!Play with the same 40GB media file in it. However, it gave me the same result when playing from the USB drive - both Video and Audio were slugglish. The bottom line, when I played back from my PC and steamed over the my gigabit network, I didn't have the performance problem on my PC. The only different that I couldn't watch 3D on my PC monitor was only 3D SBS content because my PC monitor is not 3D capable.

dchamero
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/25/2011 6:10:00 AM # 5
I have no problem playing any SBS video on my samsung 3dtv, BUT my problem is the subtitles.... if you add subtitles, they do not display correctly (one half on each lens....)

Rock
Level :
Posted:8/4/2011 1:49:00 PM # 6
I have the same problem with the subtitles as well.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.