Forum  
  Topic : [Problem][FW]Freezing and format issue New Topic
REIMOND
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/26/2012 5:09:00 PM # 101

Quote:
Author: Georgios Posted: 4/27/2012 5:49:00 PM

I would suggest that you plug your hd2 into the mains only when you want to watch or listen to something, and after finishing with the unit, that you plug your hd2 out of the mains. It's a bit of a hassle, but if that works out for you and the freezing stops, I would then suggest that you go buy a remote controlled socket in which to plug the hd2 into, in order to automate this process. That way you can give power to the socket to power on the hd2 and when done, after shutting down the hd2 you can turn off the socket too.

Thank you for the tip. A simple (temporary)solution for the problem. No more The I/O errors, no more freezing. It surely works. Now we wait for ASUS to fix the shutdown (and restart) problem.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
REIMOND
Level :
Posted:9/26/2012 5:11:00 PM # 102
Thank you for the tip. A simple (temporary)solution for the problem. No more The I/O errors, no more freezing. It surely works. Now we wait for ASUS to fix the shutdown (and restart) problem.

colin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/14/2012 8:29:00 PM # 103
the only way i got over the freezing problems was to use external hd from usb

Youngberg
Level :
Posted:1/6/2013 4:12:00 PM # 104
I am tossing this HDP-R3 tonight and will wait for another manufacturer's item to arrive Tuesday.

It isn't just the problem of stuttering and the aforementioned 'fix' - but also the lack of finding my equipment listed via name, serial, etc., and the extreme difficulty in even locating the firmware update pages (never did find them).

As a retired communications tech, working and repairing everything from receivers, transmitters, crypto, antennas, teletypes, copiers... then, from the early 80's- computers and networking systems, I have found this to be a most difficult piece of equipment.

Asus, I'm done.

colin
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/23/2013 10:40:00 PM # 105
well i have been waitng for asus for a long time to solve freezing probs in oplay hd 2 as they are not interested i have orded a kaiboer k3601 will let you know what it is like when it arrives

colin
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/2/2014 10:08:00 PM # 106

Quote:have got kaiboer k3601 it has loads of features including wifi iso i think every format go on to net and watch all the latest films free and music videoes i cant find any thing it doesnt do never freezes updates available also has ethernet only one drawback the instructions are in chinese
Author: colin Posted: 6/23/2013 10:40:00 PM

well i have been waitng for asus for a long time to solve freezing probs in oplay hd 2 as they are not interested i have orded a kaiboer k3601 will let you know what it is like when it arrives

Esposito
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/13/2014 4:11:00 AM # 107

Quote:
Author: colin Posted: 1/2/2014 10:08:00 PM

Quote:have got kaiboer k3601 it has loads of features including wifi iso i think every format go on to net and watch all the latest films free and music videoes i cant find any thing it doesnt do never freezes updates available also has ethernet only one drawback the instructions are in chinese
Author: colin Posted: 6/23/2013 10:40:00 PM

I know this is a slim chance given the thread has been inactive for some time, but here goes: How have you been getting on with the K3601? Is it reliable and can does it have full menu navigation within bluray isos? Does it have audio pass through for DTS/HD/Master etc so that an av amp can do the decoding? Finding it hard to find much in the way of info/reviews for this product.

musicadi
Level :
Posted:1/7/2015 6:44:00 PM # 108
Hello,>
>Any development on the issue?>
>I am getting the same random freezes and reboots on my Oplay Mini Plus, while using a Touro Mobile Pro 1Gb USB3 HDD. >
>It also constantly messes up the filesystem on my drive, NTFS factory formatted.>
>Pretty annoying issue and it kinda makes the device useless..... since I have all the content I want to watch on my external HDD.

First  Prev  ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.