Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Air  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]R1 to Air New Topic
chris109
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/11/2013 10:25:00 PM # 1
Put this on the R1 thread also.  Thought I would put it here too.

Hi y'all.  Have a problem.  I did the 'hack' to change my R1 to Air.  Worked for several months now with no issues.  Today I turn it on and will not read network.  It reads UPnP but not the network.  Booted and rebooted computer, router and player.  Nothing will get it back.  Reinstalled firmware and still nothing.  Even when I go into the Wireless Setup and redid that.  Box says that everything is fine.  Tells me the IP address is what it is according to my router.  What am I missing.  The only thing that really has changed was that I picked up a computer that runs Windows 7.  I have used this to get online without a problem.  When I tried getting into this 'puter through my R1/Air I had to go through the usual Net ID and couldn't on.  No big deal.  I was just experimenting.  Everything is on my main 'puter.  My main 'puter runs XP.
Any suggestions?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Big Al
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/29/2013 6:42:00 AM # 2
Hi, what's this hack that can make an Air out of a R1 that has no wifi? That's the main difference between the two and why I got an Air. My TV is not on the same level than my computer. Have I missed on something that could have saved me some money?

I'm curious to find out how you did it...

chris109
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/29/2014 4:10:00 AM # 3
I just saw your post today.  Here is the link:

http://www.megaleecher.net/Asus_OPlay_multimedia_player_hacking

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.