ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Air  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Default Gateway: Can't get any IP New Topic
WinnieW
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/20/2010 9:58:00 PM # 1
There are a lot of wireless connection problems out there but I did not see this issue.  I am able to connect to wireless, hence, getting an IP from my router, however, it doesn't see my network (NAS) all the time.  When I show info on the connection, there's no default gateway.  There's no option to manually enter all the values either.  There were times when I could see my NAS and play video but it can stop in the middle and say media file lost. 

NAS: Buffalo Technology - LinkStation Live™ - LS-CHL

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Wiggs
Level :
Tech Points : 66
Posted:1/21/2010 12:11:00 AM # 2
Can you see shares on your PC?    Does your NAS have a built in UPnP server?  If so, can you see that?

I also use a NAS (D-Link DNS-323) and can see it just fine. I have assigned it a static IP from my router... not sure if this helps but is useful for other things. 

Asus O!Play Air/D-Link DNS-323 NAS (RAID1)/Linksys WRT54GSv7 Router/D-Link DGS-1005G Gigabit Switch/WinXP PC/OpenSuse PC
WinnieW
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/21/2010 9:23:00 AM # 3

Yup, I have no problem seeing them at all on my PCs and laptop.  I also assigned a static IP from my router.  For some reason, it comes up every once a while.  I just upgraded my firmware to 1.06N, and I do see my network now.  Hopefully it will stick longer. 

Thanks for your advice.  I'll give an update later to how 1.06N works on my machine.

Trimble Epic
Level :
Tech Points : 11
Posted:1/21/2010 10:21:00 AM # 4
That Buffalo LinkStation appears to have a "Built-in DLNA CERTIFIED streaming media server", so you should also look into enabling that, and see if you can find it under UPNP on the O!Play.

WinnieW
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/22/2010 10:16:00 AM # 5

@Trimble Epic

Thanks for you advice.  I think I know why.  It's a speed problem.  From the status on my router (D-Link DIR-655), it shows that it's connected with 802.11n (2.4GHz) @ the Rate(Mpbs) of 2!!!  I think it's too slow to recognize that it's connected.  Is there anyway to improve the speed?  I tried to switch to G (which I am getting 52Mpbs) but the connection between Air and my router remains slow.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.