ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Air  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]O!Play Doesn't Turn On New Topic
paupau
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/21/2010 7:39:00 AM # 41
Dear ASUS_CS,

If it is this hard to replicated this problem, have you considered that maybe there are some faulty parts in certain lot of the production?  and you have one from a good lot and we have one from the bad lot?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
SirDarki
Level :
Tech Points : 51
Posted:4/21/2010 6:02:00 PM # 42
Since month it seems clear to me that this hanging/power cycle problem is somehow connected with the intermittent wifi-connection problem, no matter what firmware is actually on the box. Therfore it's no surprise that the problem is gone when turning off the wifi module. I cannot believe this is still in basic investigation phase... but still have hope it will be solved soon.

mcgalli
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/11/2010 8:40:00 PM # 43
Hi, I´ve just bought a ASUS OPLAY, and was having this problem only when the Externa HD was plugged in and not with the pen drive (fat format), neither with the oplay wired to my router. Then I remmembered that I had formated my HD in NTFS (so I could watch larger videos) format in my new 64 bit windows 7. So, I re-formatted it in 32bit windows vista, and now it is working fine. I hope it will help. regards Mcgalli

magura
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:10/31/2010 5:49:00 PM # 44
well, finally, this bug seems to be solved for me with 1.21 firmware!!!!

1.21 is a good release for me, but the wifi only connects once every time I turn on (with the remote!!! :) ) the o'play.

There be a green light inside that is off, or on (while the red light outside is on) when the device power off. I think this green light inside the oplay is related.

Good work Asus.

fred999
Level :
Tech Points : 231
Posted:11/1/2010 9:42:00 PM # 45

Quote:
Author: magura Posted: 10/31/2010 5:49:00 PM

well, finally, this bug seems to be solved for me with 1.21 firmware!!!!

1.21 is a good release for me, but the wifi only connects once every time I turn on (with the remote!!! :) ) the o'play.

There be a green light inside that is off, or on (while the red light outside is on) when the device power off. I think this green light inside the oplay is related.

Good work Asus.

So you're saying, if you lose connection when the device is on, you have to power cycle? Wonderful.... from bad to worse.

magura
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:11/1/2010 10:10:00 PM # 46

Quote:
Author: fred999 Posted: 11/1/2010 9:42:00 PM

So you're saying, if you lose connection when the device is on, you have to power cycle? Wonderful.... from bad to worse.

I don't think so. Before 1.21, I could NEVER power on the device from the remote.

Now, I know that was a software failure and not a hardware failure (that is a good new for me). The connection goes on powering cycle (from remote for first time!), or connecting manually from setup... anyway, this is for me a minor issue, especially, because this is reproducible by others users. :-)

fred999
Level :
Tech Points : 231
Posted:11/1/2010 10:40:00 PM # 47
Ok I got it... for you it's a step up! Your patience has been rewarded... :-)

fmsantos
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/19/2016 5:43:00 PM # 48
Dear SIr>did you find a solution for this problem? I updated to firmware 1.16...

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.