SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > ASUS TV FM 7133(NTSC)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]disassembly of ASUS X5DIJ notebook New Topic
tech_no
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:1/24/2011 5:40:00 AM # 1
I have selected multimedia here because cannot see a heading for laptop/notebook. Sorry if I am in the wrong place. It wouldn't let me select all, so just chose any heading?
I have stripped my daughter's ASUS X5DIJ, K Series laptop to replace a faulty DC Socket.
I cannot see how to remove fully the two main casing halves?
I have removed all screws internally and externally and everything is out of the notebook, except for the area that will not part around the mouse area.
It seems like it is still solid there. Are there hidden screws somewhere or special clips?
The mouse PCB and the speakers are all that is left in the casings, everywhere else the casings have parted.
Anyone here stripped one of these before?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tech_no
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:1/30/2011 6:32:00 AM # 2
Has no one ever stripped an ASUS laptop, there must be similarities in the disassembly of them?
All of the videos I have watched on Youtube, you just take out the casing screws and it just lifts off, unlike on this one, around the mouse area?
I suppose the ASUS staff won't comment because they want the job for themselves, or at least their outlets.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.