Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > LCD Monitors > VK246H  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]VK246H Monitor and webcam New Topic
Altair
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/12/2009 8:59:00 AM # 1

I just bought VK246H monitor recently and I am quite happy with it. But I am not quite happy on webcam part since it is not working. I am using Windows Vista 64 with SP1 and Lifeframe 2 program doesn't work at all. It crashes right away when I try to start it. Yes I downloaded latest version from http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/VK_MK_SeriesLifeFrame2.rar. It didin't help. I also tryed to install that software with 409.msi like someone in this forum suggested. It didin't help either.

Vista doesn't find out that webcam at all, so messenger can't use it either... I can't find any Vista 64 drivers. Am I missing something? I don't think that it is wise to release a monitor with a webcam but offer no working programs or drivers for it!

I would like to hear what to do with this problem since webcam was the only reason I bought this monitor over others (and cheaper ones). Mayby I am just a blind, so please help me out.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Bopp
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:6/19/2009 2:20:00 AM # 2
I have virtually the exact same issue! Could ASUS please reply!
Quote:
Author: Altair Posted: 6/12/2009 8:59:00 AM

I just bought VK246H monitor recently and I am quite happy with it. But I am not quite happy on webcam part since it is not working. I am using Windows Vista 64 with SP1 and Lifeframe 2 program doesn't work at all. It crashes right away when I try to start it. Yes I downloaded latest version from http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/VK_MK_SeriesLifeFrame2.rar. It didin't help. I also tryed to install that software with 409.msi like someone in this forum suggested. It didin't help either.

Vista doesn't find out that webcam at all, so messenger can't use it either... I can't find any Vista 64 drivers. Am I missing something? I don't think that it is wise to release a monitor with a webcam but offer no working programs or drivers for it!

I would like to hear what to do with this problem since webcam was the only reason I bought this monitor over others (and cheaper ones). Mayby I am just a blind, so please help me out.

Altair
Level :
Posted:6/21/2009 3:03:00 AM # 3
Hmm have been waiting for some answer, but seems that nobody at Asus reads these forums. I've tryed to contact support as well, and I just got copy/paste for standard "check your updates and contact your monitor seller, thank you for contacting us" crap. They dare to ask my opinnion about service quality.

I have a new monitor with webcam which I cannot use at all. To be honest, I cannot prefer this Asus monitor at all for anyone. You just buy stuff which is not supported at all.

Rijners
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/11/2009 6:17:00 AM # 4
I had the same problem. The solution in this post
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090321160510221&board_id=13&model=VK266H&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
solved my problem. I only did the steps 7 till the end for my Windows XP 32bit installation. Hope this will help you too.

Von
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 187
Posted:7/21/2009 4:06:00 PM # 5

Have you RMA the monitor?

Helle-Lorentzen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/23/2009 6:26:00 PM # 6
This works for windows 7 as well. Again only had to got to step 7 to get the result.

Martin
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:8/3/2009 2:12:00 PM # 7
Hi there,

Same problem on a screen VK222U...
Does this company totaly sucks or what?

I tried to download their update or drivers from their web site, for nothing better...
Their phone line says that they may call back the next day...
What kind of support is that?
The worst ever!

If any one get a solution to fix the problem, I'd be happy to know it...
Have a good day,
Martin

TME
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/14/2009 6:59:00 AM # 8
Hi, I was having the same problems and went through all the supposed fixes. I had my USB cord plugged into a 4 port hub. As I was going through removeing Life Frame software and reloading it, I decided to unplug the USB cable and replug it. I got a message that I could make my device work faster by using a high speed port. So, I then plugged directly to the mobo and there ya go, Life Frame 2 is working now.
I hope this helps someone out as it did for me.
I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit without SP1.

Knuckles
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 900
Posted:8/14/2009 9:52:00 PM # 9
There is now a driver software version for Vista 64 and it does indeed now work with Vista 64 with all the patches and SP's installed. I do believe you must plug the webcam driectly into the motherboard USB port as well. I had my cam plugged into the motherboard and even without Lifeframe2 it would work with both MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.

Werr
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/19/2009 2:02:00 AM # 10
lifeframe doesn't work on my windows 7 64-bit but everything else i tried does work- webcamera plus, manycam, split cam, eyeball chat, active webcam, webcamMax, camtasia- not all are good, but all detect and work w/ cam on my vk246h. so lifeframe not so good, but cam does work.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.