Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > LCD Monitors > VG278H  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASUS VG278H with PS3 3D issue.... New Topic
paulohotline
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/30/2012 7:53:00 AM # 1
Hello, this monitor is awesome and works great with my PC setup a 120hz and EVGA 670 card on the DVI connection. BF3 looks amazing in 3D at 45FPS. I have my PS3 hooked up to the HDMI connection with 1.4 HDMI cable. It detects 3D fine. However when playing games, the 3D turns on, but shifts back and fourth every 20 seconds or so making it unplayable. This happens with every 3D game. It plays fine in 2D. As you know, the PS3 can only push 60hz on HDMI so the fps is pretty low compared to the PC. Sony support was no help, just told me to change the HDMI cable which I did. Nvidia Vision support told me the PS3 was an unsupported product and told me to get lost. Asus support told me to RMA the Monitor which I refuse to do since I think this is a PS3 issue. Could this be related to the latest PS3 update we had? I have ruled out the glasses since they work fine with the PC. Can someone confirm they have 3D on PS3 working properly with this monitor via the HDMI port! TIA

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
trancefreak
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/7/2012 10:52:00 AM # 2
I have a similar set up as you and this monitor and the ps3 is supported by Nvidia. Go to the newegg tv video and listen to the guy from Nvidia state that on this monitor.

Also I did as you tried PS3 and PC games and tested this whole puppy out. I played Killzone 3 and it worked fine. It was actually pretty good looking game for 2005 tech it is being played compared to my Gtx 680. I would get that checked out it should work especially with the 1.4 HDMI cable. I used a budget old HDMI cable and it still worked.

How about your PC does it work ok @ 60hz HDMI cable hooked to it?

Good luck.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.