SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N66U (VER.B1)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Change Geographic (state/city) Location New Topic
Brian
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/17/2017 2:35:00 AM # 1
My son gave me this router after he upgraded.  Installation and function are perfect.  Except...the weather on our phones and tablets automatically come up with my son's location, not our location, one state away.  The router is still broadcasting its physical location as the town my son lives in.  How do I change where to modem thinks it is?  I reset the modem and installed the latest firmware before putting it into service at my home.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 383
Posted:7/17/2017 3:11:00 PM # 2
If you login to router and go to Advanced Settings > Administration > System Tab, within that page is an option to change your time zone to suit, give it 24 hours and this should work? but bugs have been reported around this subject.......

UK Sentinel

Brian
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/19/2017 9:33:00 PM # 3
As an fyi for anyone else who encounters this problem, I tried UK Sentinel's advice.  I was in the same time zone as my son.  So, I changed time zone's away from EDT and then back to EDT.  That seems to have updated my location.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.