Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]PS3 wont connect to RT-N56U New Topic
Tesh
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/19/2013 6:47:00 AM # 1
My sony playstation 3 finds my asus router RT-N56U on firmware 3.0.0.4.318 but when it goes to testing connection it fails!!! I even tried port forwarding and still nothing.... please help!!!!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
MAT
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/20/2013 6:59:00 PM # 2
do you get an Error Message?
Quote:
Author:  Posted: 1/19/2013 6:47:00 AM

My sony playstation 3 finds my asus router RT-N56U on firmware 3.0.0.4.318 but when it goes to testing connection it fails!!! I even tried port forwarding and still nothing.... please help!!!!

dd04ze
Level :
Posted:1/26/2013 12:53:00 PM # 3
.I just upgraded my RT-N56U from firmware 1.0.1.8i to 3.0.0.4.318 yesterday.>
>It's great, and all of my devices work, except for my PS3.>
>I then tried the 3.0.0.4.321 (beta) firmware and had the same problem.>
>Finally, I saw that there was 3.0.0.4.334 available today, updated, but this still didn't solve the PS3 problem.>
>The problem appears to be negotiating the WPA2 key with the router. The key is correct as nothing has changed on the PS3, and I set the router up identical to before. No other devices in my house needed to have any settings changed for them to work. Nevertheless, I wiped the router again to default, and re-did the connection settings on my PS3.>
>I get an error that says the key exchange has timed out and that the WPA key may be wrong. It reads something like 'the key information exchange timed out'.>
>I've tried changing the settings on the PS3 to avoid using uPnP to see if that helped, but the problem is still there.>
>So, either I downgrade back to the older firmware, or.. ? I'm not sure what to do at this point. I use my PS3 to watch everything from my media server, so this is a very large problem for me.

Duncan
Level :
Posted:2/2/2013 7:27:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: dd04ze Posted: 1/26/2013 12:53:00 PM

>Finally, I saw that there was 3.0.0.4.334 available today, updated, but this still didn't solve the PS3 problem.>
>The problem appears to be negotiating the WPA2 key with the router. The key is correct as nothing has changed on the PS3, and I set the router up identical to before. No other devices in my house needed to have any settings changed for them to work. Nevertheless, I wiped the router again to default, and re-did the connection settings on my PS3.>
>I get an error that says the key exchange has timed out and that the WPA key may be wrong. It reads something like 'the key information exchange timed out'.>
>I've tried changing the settings on the PS3 to avoid using uPnP to see if that helped, but the problem is still there.>
>So, either I downgrade back to the older firmware, or.. ? I'm not sure what to do at this point. I use my PS3 to watch everything from my media server, so this is a very large problem for me.

I had the same issue - fixed by unticking the box next to b/g protection on wireless general page (2.4Hz) then PS3 picks up connection no problem

dd04ze
Level :
Posted:2/4/2013 1:11:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Duncan Posted: 2/2/2013 7:27:00 AM

Quote:
Author: dd04ze Posted: 1/26/2013 12:53:00 PM

I had the same issue - fixed by unticking the box next to b/g protection on wireless general page (2.4Hz) then PS3 picks up connection no problem

I tried that, and the PS3 works again! Thanks!>
>But... it killed my iPad's connection and it couldn't get on the network.>
>I finally jumped ship to Padavan's firmware 3.0.3.3-042 and it came with 'b/g protection' set to "auto" and both my PS3 and iPad work at the same time again.>
>I just read this article, and I now understand what 'b/g protection' is. I've turned it off completely and further made my 2.4 GHz settings only allow g and n connections. Everything is much faster now and all of my devices work.>
>Thanks again!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.