ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]DDNS setup and issues with no-ip.com New Topic
Jagdish
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/13/2012 12:20:00 PM # 1
Hi,

I own a ASUS RT-N56U router and it supports many DDNS clients like asuscomm.com, dydns.org, zoneedit.com
i have configured subdomain with asuscomm.com server which is free and it works fine
but is very unreliable and is down 70% of times
Rest of DDNS providers listed on routers config page are paid services for even subdomain redirection

i found no-ip.com is free for basic redirection and it is supported (hardware ddns client ) by many routers like dlink, tplink etc.

So please add support for updating no-ip.com servers (ddns client) in your next firmware upgrade
(i know i can use ddns update client on the pc but would want this to work via my router itself possibly)

Jagdish A

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
otto
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/15/2012 4:06:00 PM # 2
My router never succeeded in connecting to asuscomm.com, ever since I got it. I really liked the feature and it's one of the reasons I actually bought this router. At least it should allow for new services to be added.

Bill
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:2/18/2012 5:24:00 AM # 3
Good post! Thanks for the info on no-ip. I haven't been able to get asuscomm.com to connect either and it also was one of the main reasons for getting this router. Everything else has gone very smoothly for the setup except for this. Hopefully ASUS can figure it out!

Asus
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:3/24/2012 3:42:00 PM # 4
Dear Users,

We are so sorry that ASUS DDNS was not working for you. The service is running fine and there must have been just some setup or configuration issue, would you please share how it's not working for you? we would see what we can do to help you.

For more information please kindly visit: http://asusddns.appspot.com.

Thanks!!

Vince
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/30/2012 2:30:00 PM # 5
Asus, No matter what I key in, the reply is always "Unauthorized registration request!" and can't move on to the next step. Pls help. thanks

Storm
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/8/2012 10:26:00 AM # 6

I'd like to see a "custom" configuration for dynamic dns as well, please Asus, because if you own your own domain(s) many providers (e.g. namecheap.com) also allow you to enable dyndns for your domain and make your own service.

I suppose I might try downloading the Firefox plugin that lets me intercept HTTP POST and simply edit zoneedit.com to "mydomain.com".

But anyway.. custom configuration would be great now that dyndns.com has gone $$$ commercial $$$ (to translate for Asus: dyndns.com charge money now... bad for your customers... please add HTML INPUT box to your web form so can add custom providers)

rajly
Level :
Posted:4/19/2012 1:35:00 AM # 7
Agree to this aswell. I use no-ip which is a free service :)

Степан
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:8/20/2012 3:48:00 AM # 8
How are you using no-ip service if it's not available in the Firmware? If you use DNS-O-Matic, you should receive an e-mail every 23 days:

Your free host will expire in 7 days due to account inactivity. your.no-ip.com was last updated on 2012-07-27 05:17:57. Free Dynamic DNS hosts must be updated by logging into your account on our website and clicking update, this must be done every 30 days. If you are using the Dynamic Update Client and your IP address has not changed within the past 30 days, you must manually update it to prevent them from being removed from our system.

For more information regarding this notice please visit: http://noip.com/

If you are no longer using this host, simply ignore this message and your host will be removed automatically. Optionally, you can login to your account and delete the host to prevent further expiration notice emails.

Tired of receiving this notification every 30 days? Upgrade to Enhanced DNS today and you will receive 25 hosts, more hostname choices, and you won't have to confirm your account until you renew next year!

Upgrade to Enhanced DNS Now and SAVE $5 off the regular price of $14.95!
That's a year of Enhanced DNS, which means no worries or hassles for only $9.95! Coupon Code: EXP5

https://www.no-ip.com/members/offers/enhanced_upgrade.php?P=EXP5

5 Reasons to Upgrade to Enhanced DNS
1. No more worries about hostnames expiring or confirming your account every 30 days.
2. More hosts! Enjoy up to 25 hosts
3. More domain choices
4. Phone Support
5. No advertising on URL redirects/port 80 redirects

Replies to this email will not be answered. If you have questions or comments please direct them to our support ticket system at http://www.no-ip.com/members/ticket/

Thank you, No-IP.com

Before buying ASUS router, I had routers from Zyxel, D-Link and TP-Link. All of them supported No-IP and I didn't received these e-mails

daitory
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/26/2012 3:27:00 AM # 9
I have the same problem with my asus rt-n56u I did all the steps that you show on your link. but I got this message: DDNS server does not response. And since I bougth this router I've never could use my asus ftp service.

Asus
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:12/23/2012 11:20:00 PM # 10

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.