ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Download master problem [RT-N56U] New Topic
Thijs
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/26/2011 3:02:00 AM # 1
Hi all,

Recently i bought the Asus RT-N56U router.
I bought it because of the torrent download [Download Master] option.

Today i connected my external usb drive to the router, and now i am trying/testing download master.
I have a 100/100MBps fiber internet connection, so i hoped to see some nice speeds when downloading a torrent with Download Master, but my hope was crushed fast.....

Problem 1
Download Master says torrent is downloading, but nothing seems to happen.
After 30 min. it said that there was already 1.7MB downloaded [torrent size = 30GB]
30 min. for 1.7MB with a 100/100 line seems a bit.... uhhhhh..... bad.
When i try to download the same torrent with Utorrent, the complete torrent is finished in less then 30-40 minutes, so i wonder why Download Master does not seem to work 100%

Problem 2
Sometimes the downloading seems to stop for a few minutes, then starts for a few seconds, and then stops again.
When downloading it says the torrent health is 200%, but when it suddenly stops downloading the health is reduced to 0%, so it seems to connect for a moment but then disconnects.

Problem 3
The torrent file i want to download is 30GB in size, but Download Master says it is 16GB instead of 30GB.

I already tried to stop and restart the torrent manually, but that does not solve the problem.
I am also using the newest version of Download Master and the RT-N56U has the latest firmware.

So i wonder what could be the problem, because i find it strange that with Utorrent i can download the same torrent at high speeds, but with Download Master it would take weeks to download the same torrent.

I specially bought the RT-N56U for the torrent function, but i now wonder if it was a smart buy or not.....
It seems that the Download Master software is the one causing the problems, but i cannot find a solution/fix for it....

I hope someone for Asus Support and/or someone else on this forum can provide me with a working solution.

Thanks in advance.

Extra Info:
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
Router model: RT-N56U
Firmware: 1.0.1.7c
Download Master version: 2.0.3.5

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Derek
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/29/2011 12:02:00 AM # 2
http://event.asus.com/2009/networks/disksupport/

Not sure if this helps, but max file size 8GB?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.