ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N56U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Hard reset procedure for 1.0.1.4o not working? New Topic
Wagnard
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:8/9/2011 11:50:00 AM # 1
Is there anyone out there able to make a 30-30-30 hard reset to this router with the 1.0.1.4o firmware? I am completly unable to do it with this firmware.... Unless my procedure is wrong....

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
HoundTT
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 39
Posted:8/9/2011 4:45:00 PM # 2
I'm not sure what is a 30-30-30 hard reset but the manual lists two reset procedures you may wish to try...

Troubleshooting
How to restore the system to its default settings?
• Press the Reset button at the rear panel of the wireless router for more than five seconds.

Firmware Restoration is used on an ASUS Wireless Router that failed during its firmware upgrading process. It uploads the firmware that you specify. The process takes about three to four minutes.
To launch the rescue mode and use the Firmware Restoration utility:
1. Unplug the wireless router from the power source.
2. Hold the Reset button at the rear panel and simultaneously re-plug the wireless router into the power source. Release the Reset button when the Power LED at the front panel flashes slowly, which indicates that the wireless router is in the rescue mode.

Hope this helps...

Bill
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/6/2011 11:25:00 AM # 3
I have completed the steps above to reset router RT-N10 B.1.  The router does not change.  It will not issue any IP's and then randomly it will issue 192.168.2.x (due to I have another router with 1.1) however the gateway comes up at 192.168.1.1. I have verified this is issued through DHCP.  I can not open UI.  I have had numerous issues with these routers since I started working with them. 

AsusNet
Level :
Tech Points : 247
Posted:10/7/2011 1:32:00 AM # 4
Seems like this could be an issue with the set up. If you can describe how everything is connected and the models of your other devices, we can help a little easier.

And to the OP, what do you mean by 30-30-30 reset? You can do a factory reset by holding the reset button until the power LED blinks.

Quote:
Author: Bill Posted: 10/6/2011 11:25:00 AM

I have completed the steps above to reset router RT-N10 B.1.  The router does not change.  It will not issue any IP's and then randomly it will issue 192.168.2.x (due to I have another router with 1.1) however the gateway comes up at 192.168.1.1. I have verified this is issued through DHCP.  I can not open UI.  I have had numerous issues with these routers since I started working with them. 

Optimus2357
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:10/7/2011 1:37:00 AM # 5
I think he means Hold down factory reset button 30seconds while holding, unplug router for 30 seconds plug router back in and keep reset held for 30 seconds. This usually puts a router into firmware recovery mode, where it flashes the stock firmware stored on the routers ROM.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.