Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-N11  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem] New Topic
torch
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:6/29/2009 4:17:00 AM # 1
Did you try logging in again with the default password ("admin"), after changing the password but before the hard reset? If you can log back in with the default password then the password was never changed. If you cannot log in with the default password, then the password was changed and it's just a question of what it was changed to.

The next question is what version of the firmware is installed? I had no difficulty with changing the password with the original firmware, but have not had cause to try it with the latest firmware (except via restoring the settings with the Settings Management tool, as documented in my warranty experience). Maybe a bug has crept into the new firmware?

Edit:
I just tried changing the password on mine. The password did change, but I had some trouble connecting wirelessly after the change. Not just to the router admin page, but to the internet as well. I had to right click on the network icon and select "repair" before windows would reconnect. Are you doing this via a wired or wireless connection? Can you connect to the internet after the changes?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Draaisma
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/29/2009 1:14:00 PM # 2
Thanks for the reply. I did try to login with the default admin/admin. I tried the new pass as username (maybe both got changed) and several other combination with capslock on and off. I have firmware 2.0.1.0 installed. I haven't tried to change te password with the original firmware. I changed the password from a wired connection and did not have any problems with my internet connection afterwards. Everything is setup as it should, except for the fact that I cannot access my router admin page anymore.

torch
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:6/30/2009 1:38:00 PM # 3
Ok, so we know that the password is being changed then. That leaves two possibilities: either it's not being changed/stored in the router properly, or something's not right in your computer. You said you cleared the cache and even tried a different browser (that shouldn't have the wrong password stored somewhere)

Are you making any other changes at the same time? For example, if you changed the IP address the router might be on a different subnet now. EG: the default IP address is 192.168.1.1. Let's say that the router DHCP server assigned your computer to 192.168.1.2 when you first logged on. If you change the router IP address to 192.168.0.1 then your computer can no longer access the router unless you force it to get a new IP address from the router (eg, right click on the connection icon and select "Repair") or manually assign a new address.

WindRose
Level :
Posted:6/30/2009 5:20:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: Draaisma Posted: 6/25/2009 9:24:00 PM

Hi, Whenever I try to change my router password from the default 'admin', I'm no longer able to login. The first time I wrote the new pass in notepad, copied it. Went into my router, changed password, ctrl-v for new password. Ctrl-v for retype. Restart router. Browsers asks for identification, admin/ctrl-v and I'm not authorized. Deleted all temporary internet files, tried again. No succes. Tried other browsers, CAPS, still no succes. Hard reset, reconfigured the router. Tried to change the password once more. Now manually typed in the new pass. Once the router's rebooted I cannot log in anymore. How can I change my default password? Thanks

Hi, it appears that I have the same problem.  I purchased this router last week and don't know much about it yet.  Today, I tried to change a password on the Asus page.  When I entered the new password and hit "next", I got a pop-up message that someone else with the IP address 0.0.0.0 is logged in into my router and I have to wait 60 seconds for them to logout (if it makes sense).  After waiting a min, I got a message saying that password change request was rejected.

When I went back to the Asus homepage, I could not login neither with admin-admin combination nor with the new password.  Then I did almost the same thing.  I cleared my cach from the browser at no avail.  I also restarted my router and tried to login again, with both new and default combinations and could not.

I still cannot login and I am afraid to reset the router because I don't want to lose Internet connection and the ability to set it up if the login problems continues.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

vviteq
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/8/2009 11:18:00 PM # 5
I have also the same problem... :(
I can not change my system password - if I do it then I am not able to login to router administration again with any combination I've tried...
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted:7/18/2009 3:25:00 AM # 6
I also have the same problem tried all of the above but still can not log in. Any help would be gladly received. Thanks

Ron

Posted:8/12/2009 6:38:00 AM # 7
Hi all I thought I would update you all on my problem. It has been fixed,I contacked ASUA support and they gave me this procejure to correct the password problem step 1 press and hold the restore button for 5 sec till the power light blinks step 2 then log onto the router with the default user name and password.
I did the 2 steps and wala it worked I was able to get back into the router and I even changed the password making sure I typed it in correctly and Iam still able to log in.
I would Like to thank ASUS for getting back to me in a timely order and helping me.
I own a lot of ASUS Gear and the company has never let me down A++++

Ron

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.