SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC68U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]RT-AC68U + 4g usb dongle - Intermittent connection problems New Topic
David
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/22/2017 10:32:00 PM # 1
Hi,>
>I'm having random connection problems when using my RT-AC68U with a usb modem.>
>It connects to the internet fine, but will randomly get stuck in a loop trying to load a website. When this happens I can still ping the address and load other websites without a problem. It stays like that for about 5 minutes, then I can hit refresh and the page will load without a problem.>
>This only happens with the router, if I plug the modem directly into my PC it works fine.>
>Things I've tried:>- directly plugging into the router with ethernet to rule out wifi problems>- tested with multiple devices (laptop, PC, phone), all have the problem>- tried a different usb modem>- updated firmware, Merlin firmware>- different usb MTU sizes>- manual DNS settings>- manual APN settings>
>Has anyone else had this problem or know a solution?>
>Thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
lizzieinmd
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 7:20:00 AM # 2
I have this exact same problem. I flashed my router with the Merlin software in hopes of fixing the issue but it still persists. It happens on windows and android and the only way I have found to get out of the loop is to disconnect wifi and reconnect, and sometimes that doesn't work right away and I have go do it again. I have done some research and have found multiple instances of the same issue, and not using 3g/4g dongle, but so far no definitive solutions. Did you ever resolve your issue?

Grisu
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 197
Posted:10/8/2017 3:38:00 AM # 3
try to change 2,4G setting USB3.0 downgrade to 2.0 to avoid problems from this side.
Dont know if it will help, just a trial.
Log into your router, go to the Wireless page, Go to the Professional tab, make sure you are on the 2.4 Ghz dropdown box, down toward the bottom of that page is "Reducing USB 3.0 interference"

lizzieinmd
Level :
Posted:10/9/2017 12:30:00 AM # 4
Just changed the Reducing USB 3.0 interference to Disable - it was Enable. You didn't really specify which one it should be, so I changed to what it was not! Will see how it goes as this issue comes and goes. >
>One minute lightning fast, the next looping and looping - both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. I switch back and forth when it happens to attempt to clear the issue - seems like it works temporarily as the page that was looping will come up right away after switching. Happens on Android and Windows - and even an Ipad, Chrome or apps, so I know it is router related and not device related. >
>Actually, my Samsung TV has begun having an issue with Disconnect of Anynet+ device (I have Fire TV hooked to it). This just started happening after the looping issue, which has really only become a problem in the past 2 weeks. Not sure that it's related (could be the Fire TV), but it never happened before last week. I have been toying with the settings on the Samsung TV to avoid the issue, but so far no luck.

Grisu
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 197
Posted:10/9/2017 2:45:00 AM # 5
than it probably wont help, reducing interference is meant as downgrade from USB3.0->2.0.
so you enabled 3.0 now by disabling downgrade which could make problems.

But just leave it disabled as it is if there are no further problems. Asus only enables it by default to prevent possible problems.

Buy an aeroplane and block flight control so that customers only can "drive" round the gateway because sometimes they would come down by error or rain or whatever.
But state everywhere you built a plane and advertise it to be such.

lizzieinmd
Level :
Posted:10/9/2017 11:47:00 PM # 6
Yup, hasn't seemed to make any difference. Still experiencing the dropping and looping issues. Last night I was getting "not connected to the internet" issues on my Android tablet and had to resort to switching back and forth as I have been. Wish someone had a definitive answer to what seems to be a common issue! Thanks for trying to help.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.