SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus Router Firmware Restoration Utility - program will not install! New Topic
haraldpost
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/21/2017 6:52:00 AM # 1
Dear Asus, 

I am attempting to restore firmware on my Asus router, but the restoration utility will not install on my Win10 64 version 1607. 

I get the following error: https://ibb.co/k3Jo5a>>
>If I try to run the program in Win7 compatibility mode I get further in the installation process, but then a prompt appears: "Please Insert Disk 1 That Contains the File layout.bin". It seems the system deletes installation files to early, and I tried to fix this by running the program with parameters -a -deleter, but it didn't work. 

http://www.templatezone.com/tzsupport/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/14/2/please-insert-disk-1-that-contains-the-file-layoutbin

Now I am clueless..  Please help.

Regards

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
haraldpost
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/21/2017 4:36:00 PM # 2
Ok, so yesterday the router did not respond on 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. I want to adjust settings. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, using my mobile. Does not work. This is why I tried to reset the router, and ended up with a slow flashing power LED. And no wifi. I thought I bricked the router and needed to do firmware recovery. >
>This morning I got the idea of disconnecting all ethernet cables and then rebooting it. Voila! Wifi led's went back on, so I connected cables again and now it works like before. My settings are still there. It is setup as access point, and has my chosen SSID/password etc. So it can't have reset...!>
>I still can't get into the router, not by cable nor wifi. So I will need to attempt resetting it again. Hopefully I will not need the Firmware Restoration Utility as that does not work... 

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.