Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Massive Spikes in 5ghz connectivity New Topic
Pocket
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/11/2017 8:24:00 AM # 1
>I am having very inconsistent 5ghz wireless performance. I have done extensive testing but so far can't seem to narrow anything down. I've sent an e-mail off to ASUS so will see if they reply, but in the meantime...>
>
>
>Problems I am experiencing:>
>
>- constant drops of connection on 5ghz>
>
>- random slow-down of connection on 5ghz>
>
>- refusal to connect despite good signal strength on 5ghz>
>
>- the 2.4ghz wireless seems to work better, but today I had a problem where devices could not connect to it either. Since rebooting and factory resetting the 2.4 has worked.> >
>
>
>Testing I have done:>
>
>- using the same device (laptop) in the same location of the house, I have run 10 or more speed tests back to back and get very different results. From 200mbps to 5mbps, to no connection at all >
>
>- SEE PICTURES here: http://imgur.com/a/jU3Dz . Notice the gaps between the big spikes (when it worked fine) and also the small spikes (when it only did 5mbps), and when the test wouldn't run at all>
>
>- I have upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.380_7266>
>
>- I have rebooted many times>
>
>- I have changed the settings of the 5ghz wifi and tried again>
>
>- I have factory reset the router>
>Next step is probably to try Merlin, but dunno yet>
>Anyone got other suggestions?>
>
>
>EDIT: what the hell is wrong with the formatting on this website? Jesus.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 385
Posted:3/11/2017 3:23:00 PM # 2
>The forum formatting is crap, It was good 5-10 years ago, but has not moved with the times (browsers) etc>

RMerlin is excellent firmware, but does not usually fix underlying issues, maybe worth trying a firmware that is say 6 months or older, as a few have commented recently that the more recent firmware's are buggy as hell.

other considerations is try to ensure router is not located near wireless phones, doorbells and the like as you could be having interference from another electrical device.

Also, are other devices like mobile phones having wifi issues on the 5GHz channel, or is it only you laptop/pc etc?

UK Sentinel

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.