ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]5GHz not working New Topic
Wade
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/11/2017 8:25:00 AM # 31
Thank you, this worked for me. This is a firmware issue. Everything was working fine until I upgraded firmware yesterday and lost my 5ghz

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
inthenumbers
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 8:30:00 AM # 32
Post #10 worked for me also, after other methods failed.>Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_7743

inthenumbers
Level :
Posted:10/7/2017 8:34:00 AM # 33
Post #10 worked for me also, after other methods failed.>Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_7743>
Quote:
Author: jaygambrel Posted: 3/30/2016 8:21:00 AM

I had the same problem. Just solved it. Unplugged device, held reset and plugged it back in. Continued to hold reset until power light flashed slowly indicating it is in recovery mode then released reset button.  Waited about one minute. Pushed power button to power off device. Waited 30 seconds then powered back on. Both bands worked normally after that.>
>Jay

dm2000
Level :
Posted:10/13/2017 6:44:00 AM # 34

Quote:
Author: jaygambrel Posted: 3/30/2016 8:21:00 AM

I had the same problem. Just solved it. Unplugged device, held reset and plugged it back in. Continued to hold reset until power light flashed slowly indicating it is in recovery mode then released reset button.  Waited about one minute. Pushed power button to power off device. Waited 30 seconds then powered back on. Both bands worked normally after that.>
>Jay

I've had this router since early 2017. I've tried to upgrade the firmware 4 times I think. Every single time I do, I lose the 5Ghz network but everything else works. I'll downgrade to this firmware >RT-AC88U_3.0.0.4_380_7743-g2cf84e9.trx>
>And get it to work again. Just downgraded after updating today and can't get it back. Tried your suggestion but didn't seem to work. Any other ideas? Already called support. They say they are looking into it. Thanks.>
>update: After waiting 20 min it looks like the 5Ghz is back up. Thinking about trying AsusWrt-Merlin at this point though. Anyone tried that? Thanks. class="main-search " id="main-search" style="width: 341px; position: absolute; right: 0px; top: 0px; height: 117px; font-family: museo_sans_cond; letter-spacing: 0.10000000149011612px;">

UK Sentinel
Level :
Tech Points : 420
Posted:10/13/2017 2:44:00 PM # 35
RMerlin firmware I am a fan for, he takes ASUS GPL Code and fixes bugs, adds new features like congestion control, HDD Spin down options etc.

If you are a person whom like to tinkle with tekky stuff, then you will not be disappointed.

UK Sentinel

siriusx.0.2
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/29/2017 6:53:00 AM # 36
>These instructions worked for me:>
>I downgraded to RT-AC88U_3.0.0.4_380_7743-g2cf84e9.>
>Unplugged device, held reset and plugged it back in. Continued to hold reset until power light flashed slowly indicating it is in recovery mode then released reset button. Waited about one minute. Pushed power button to power off device. Waited 30 seconds then powered back on. Both bands worked normally after that.

Uberwolf
Level :
Posted:11/22/2017 11:12:00 PM # 37
Have the same issue with my Asus RT-N66U. None of the above suggestions worked for me. What kinda worked was changing the channel to 20MHz for 2.4GHz and 40MHz for the 5GHz. I wont be convinced until I have no issues for at least 24hrs as sometimes with the other suggestions when I rebooted the router both bands would transmit but then I would loose one of them after about 30secs after getting the "unsble to connect to Network" message then it would disappear, weird sh1t. My issue was not always the 5GHz, sometimes I would have the 5GHz transmitting but not the 2.4GHz and vica versa after a factory reset or one of the above suggestions. Either way very disappointed in Asus as I have argued in defence od Asus products in the past. I find their MB's top notch, however as evidenced by this forum and my own experience a lot of their Modems/Routers leave a lot to be desired.

Stephen
Level :
Posted:12/9/2017 7:57:00 AM # 38
I've experienced this issue for a long time. It manifests as unreliable or unavailable 5 Ghz connections between the Windows PC and the router.>
>Recently I've found that:>
>1. When Windows loses 5 Ghz connection, my phone still has the 5 Ghz connection. This means that the problem is mostly with the Windows PC more than the router.>
>2. The problem often begins when the PC is resumed following hibernation.>
>3. I can sometimes solve the windows problem by using the button in the lower right panel to stop Wifi, wait 20 seconds, then enable it again.>
>4. When that fix doesn't work, I find that I need to shutdown then start my PC ("restart" does not help).>
>5. Maybe 3 times in 12 months, I've needed to restart the router. This has been due to either very slow network speed, or to 5 Ghz being unavailable to multiple devices at once.>
>>My analysis of the problem is that if Windows finds that the signal is too weak, it switches to a 2.4 connection and deliberately forgets the 5 Ghz connection.>
>This is obviously a common issue and I think that both Microsoft and Asus should put the explanation and solution clearly available in their FAQ and troubleshooter info.>
>My gear:>Asus router RT-AC68U.>Asus Z97 Deluxe motherboard with ASUS dual band wifi.>Windows 10 Pro.>Android phones that have both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz.

szalap
Level :
Posted:12/10/2017 3:59:00 AM # 39
I have the same issue (5GHz is off and no mac address) and no action seems to work at all, everything I try ends up with the same result: 5GHz radio is disabled (despite being turned on in Professional tab).>
>Tried:>1) Older firmware - 380.3941>2) Newest firmware - 382.18991>3) Newest Merlin firmware,>4) Power cycle,>5) 30-30-30,>6) Rescue mode and restart,>7) Clear out nvram,>8) Radio on and off.>
>Do you know how to make this work? Is there a terminal command where I can see if 5GHz is setup at all or recognized? 
>>
>My router: AC88U

First  Prev  1 2 3 4
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.