ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]How to create playlists on AC66U DLNA server? New Topic
Hunter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/1/2013 6:36:00 AM # 1
I have an RT-AC66U setup as a DLNA server, and it's working wonderfully for browsing, searching and playing individual files.  How can I configure playlists, both statically and dynamically?  I can't seem to find any technical info on the router's DLNA server...thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Hunter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/1/2013 1:46:00 AM # 2
Found the solution.  By accessing the DLNA server directly from my browser (http://<router>:8200), I discovered the DLNA server was MiniDLNA which recognizes .m3u playlists!>
>Here's what I did to create a playlist on my RT-AC66U with media on a USB-attached drive:>
  1. Accessed the USB drive via Windows
  2. Using MediaMonkey, added all music from the USB drive to the library ((\\rt-ac66u\toshiba_ext\media in my case)
  3. Created a playlist in MediaMonkey using the new music in the library
  4. Exported the playlist as a .m3u
  5. Opened the .m3u and adjusted the file paths so MiniDLNA could reference the files.  I changed all "\" to "/" and replacing the beginning of the path from //rt-ac66u/toshiba_ext/media to /mnt/TOSHIBA_EXT/media
    1. For example, \\Rt-ac66u\toshiba_ext\media\music\mp3\ADELE\Skyfall - Single\01 Skyfall.m4a became /mnt/TOSHIBA_EXT/media/music/mp3/ADELE/Skyfall - Single/01 Skyfall.m4a

me
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:4/2/2013 9:30:00 AM # 3
align="right"> align="left">After create playlist, where do you put it and how to access it may I ask?

Thanks

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.