Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Wireless > RT-AC66U  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]RT-AC66U+PCE-AC66 Wireless issue. New Topic
Eraz
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/17/2013 1:36:00 AM # 1
Concerning Asus PCE-AC66 & RT-AC66U. I recently bought the Asus PCE-AC66 toghether with the RT-AC66U.

It has worked perfectly fine for about 2 weeks, without any problems with incredible speeds ( Very satisfied ) :)

But up until yesterday I suddently lost the Wifi Connection. I saw it suddently resettet my SSID to security "none" So i thought it was a problem with the RT-AC66U so I made a factory reset togheter with a reload of the firmware. The strange thing is that I can find the network fine when I search throug available network and when i press connect, it pops up that i have to enter the Security key, I when i do that it says " it cannot connect to the network" ( And im pretty sure the password is correct ).

Here are some of the other troubleshooting ive done.

1. I can connect with other devices on the wifi, both on the 2ghz and 5ghz, such as with my iphone and Ipad. And it works with Wired cable aswell.. ( So i Guess its not a problem with the( RT-AC66U ) but im not sure.
2. I have Set the router to factory default
3. I have tried reinstalling the wireless drivers for the PCE-AC66 ( doesent work )
4. When i Search on available network through the PCE-AC66, it finds my network but cant connect.
5. I have tried giving the PCE-AC66 a manuel IP address ( Doesent work )
6. I tried manually inserting MAC adresses on the router. ( Doesent work )
7 I have tried Changing the Channels ( Doesent Work )
8. Tried a diffrent PCI-E on my motherboard ( Doesent work )
9. As a last resort. I reinstall Windows. ( Doesent Work )
10. I have tried without any security/encryption on SSID ( Doesent Work )

Im really out of options what to do, hope someone can help. There is a chance that the PCE-AC66 is defective, But when it finds the wireless SSIDs then it shouldent be broken ?.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
zhilong
Level :
Tech Points : 289
Posted:2/17/2013 5:32:00 PM # 2
Hi Eraz><br><br>>I have known your problem ,but some other information I want to know, In order to better help you. 1.which version firmware/utility with wireless router/card did you used. 2.are you sure wireless card's hardware is intact.><br><br>>sincerely<br>>Zhilong<br>>ASUS support

Eraz
Level :
Posted:2/17/2013 9:02:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: zhilong Posted: 2/17/2013 5:32:00 PM

Hi Eraz ><br><br> >I have known your problem ,but some other information I want to know, In order to better help you. 1.which version firmware/utility with wireless router/card did you used. 2.are you sure wireless card's hardware is intact. ><br><br> >sincerely<br> >Zhilong<br> >ASUS support

Hello Zhilong

Thank you for your quick response.

1. There is only 1 driver out for the PCE-AC66 - ASUS PCE-AC66 utility 2.0.1.2
The first version utility - so thats the one i use.

2. On The RT-AC66U I have recently upgraded to the new version which is ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.270. last week.

3. Like I wrote before. I can connect with other devices Wi-Fi to the router ( Works Fine ) Wired cable works fine aswell. its only the PCE-AC66 Which reject me, when i enter the SSID key 

3. I have also tried to downgrade to the 266 firmware on the router ( still doesent solve the problem ).

4. Im pretty sure my Hardware is intact if you mean my motherboard. I have tried changing to another PC-E slot on the motherboard ( Doesent solve the problem either )

5. I could ofcourse Try to put the card in a other computer to test it out.But i dont think that is the problem.

Looking forward for your reply

Best regards

Eraz

zhilong
Level :
Tech Points : 289
Posted:2/18/2013 9:33:00 AM # 4
Hi Eraz><br><br>>thanks for you information. first about No3 information "3. Like I wrote before. I can connect with other devices Wi-Fi to the router ( Works Fine ) Wired cable works fine aswell. its only the PCE-AC66 Which reject me, when i enter the SSID key ," did you tried to connected other wireless router with PCE-AC66. second  about  No4 information "4. Im pretty sure my Hardware is intact if you mean my motherboard. I have tried changing to another PC-E slot on the motherboard ( Doesent solve the problem either )"I mean PCE-AC66‘s hardware has some problems, not motherboard. according to you information, I;m trying reproduce this problem,  any information tell you immediately><br><br>>sincerely<br>>Zhilong<br>>ASUS support

Eraz
Level :
Posted:2/18/2013 11:11:00 PM # 5

Hello again Zhilong

1. No I havent tried connecting the PCE-AC66 to another router. I will try that on wednesday and get back to you.

2. You say that the PCE-AC66 might be the problem hardware issue. Is it something you have heard of before ?. Because the product is very new.

If I cannot conenct my PCE-AC66 on a diffrent router I guess my last option is to RMA

Best regards

Eraz

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.