turb-z
Level :
Tech Points : 31
Posted:9/27/2017 7:59:00 PM # 131

Quote:
Author: babis3g Posted: 9/27/2017 4:47:00 PM

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/26/2017 8:43:00 AM

>@babis3g>Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)>
>this seems to allow devices to connect now but throughput is week. also looks like dhcp is useless I just noticed that only 1 Samsung device can be connected with dhcp at one time. two s7 edges and a s8 plus in my house hold and now connected by assigning ip manually. this should not need to be done by me and should work without a problem. dhcp issues have not been fixed and still broken.

Thanks for reporting ... well is not much i can do, rather to give suggest some steps if will work better ... send feedback & report the issues with new beta, i will point your post now

Is strange, i do not have the issues mentioned ... an other suggestion is to load one more time same firmware & reset again if helps

Also at wifi

wifi > general > set bandwidth at 20 mhz if you have adsl, 40 if you have vdsl
at professional all settings below reducing usb 3:0 interface (such beamforming, fairness etc) disable them for testing ( i suspect if devises not support these feature to conflict)
Modulation scheme set it to lower values example MCS to 7
Both for 2,4 & 5G
just reset and tested again. this time I've set up using bt infinity and no iptv and all working and connecting fine with dhcp no problems everything full speed and no connection issues. using bt infinity + iptv setting must be causing all the problems and maybe because it adds a second wan setting could be causing the problem as bt don't have 2 wan connections the dsl-ac68u only ever set up with 1 wan to even when setting up with bt infinity+iptv.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
NoFixedAddress
Level :
Tech Points : 166
Posted:9/27/2017 8:14:00 PM # 132

Quote:

>@babis3g>Try the latest build 455 if helps (a reset is a must after this update) & if same issue, try to give at all of your devices, static ip (lan > dhcp server > manually assigned ip)>
>this seems to allow devices to connect now but throughput is week. also looks like dhcp is useless I just noticed that only 1 Samsung device can be connected with dhcp at one time. two s7 edges and a s8 plus in my house hold and now connected by assigning ip manually. this should not need to be done by me and should work without a problem. dhcp issues have not been fixed and still broken.

I'm on beta firmware 455 and have never had issues with S7 and S8+ both connected, both get DHCP and test ok. I use 5GHz only though... so after a quick 5GHz confirmation test, I re-enabled 2.4GHz radio and put both the S7 and S8+ on to it to test for you, both got a DHCP IP and concurrent throughput was fine.

So your issue is not systemic, so far all we can determine is that it is a single-user issue.

imgur.com/a/wkIr0 for fuller detail - Originally purchasing a DSL-AC68U upon release, I am now an Australian DSL-AC88U public tester volunteer with unit provided to me at no cost by Asus Taiwan HQ but otherwise have no association to Asus. Forum contributions are purely my own opinions. Stats: Asus DSL-AC88U /w Broadcom chipset running beta firmware v9.10.05 build501 - Internode 24/2.5 Naked ADSL2+ unlimited data via Agile Ericsson DSLAM in Adelaide CBD South Australia with exchange copper distance of 1250 metres (Internode 100/40 VDSL FTTN NBN unlimited data from early January 2018, with node on same street and block at a distance of only 100 metres) - shielded CAT6 cabling professionally wired from MDF to first in-line phone socket - shielded CAT6 cabling from RJ11 wall socket to RJ11 modem socket via RJ11 surge protection component of Monster HDP 850G Power Center - 3dB SNR "Annex A Very High Speed" line profile enabled on ISP end with stability adjustment disabled on modem end - PPPoE LLC - 19500kbps/1320kbps data sync rate and 20500kbps/1330kbps max sync rate from 22dB/14dB attenuation with low error counts and no DSL sync dropouts. Setup: Asus DSL-AC88U's 4x gigabit ethernet ports connected to Seagate 8TB Personal Cloud gigabit NAS (sustains 113MB/s read and write on wired gigabit clients), Panasonic 65" 4K UHD Smart TV 2016, Foxtel iQ3 sat/fta, Brother Laser MFC - 802.11ac connected to Asus Z87-C i7-4771 desktop /w Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100 4x4 QAM adapter /w primary Samsung SSD running Windows 10 Home x64 v1709, Asus 15.6" i7-4510u gaming laptop /w Asus USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 2x2 adapter and Asus 13.3" i5-4200u Zenbook laptop /w Intel 7260HMWGR AC1200 2x2 adapter /w Samsung SSDs running Windows 10 Home x64 v1709, Samsung Galaxy S8+ (2x2 QAM), Samsung Galaxy S7 (2x2) - 5GHz 802.11n connected to Samsung 55" HD Smart TV 2014 (2x2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" 2013 (1x1) - running a purely 5GHz 80mhz WLAN, 2.4GHz WLAN is disabled.
turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/27/2017 8:21:00 PM # 133

Quote:
Author: NoFixedAddress Posted: 9/27/2017 8:14:00 PM

Quote:

I'm on beta firmware 455 and have never had issues with S7 and S8+ both connected, both get DHCP and test ok. I use 5GHz only though... so after a quick 5GHz confirmation test, I re-enabled 2.4GHz radio and put both the S7 and S8+ on to it to test for you, both got a DHCP IP and concurrent throughput was fine.

So your issue is not systemic, so far all we can determine is that it is a single-user issue.
hi by setting up without iptv on bt all these issues have now gone and working perfect. looks like using the setup btinfinity+iptv is what is causing these issues.

babis3g
Level :
Tech Points : 1473
Posted:9/27/2017 9:04:00 PM # 134

Quote:
Author: turb-z Posted: 9/27/2017 8:21:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

hi by setting up without iptv on bt all these issues have now gone and working perfect. looks like using the setup btinfinity+iptv is what is causing these issues.

Hi many thanks for update & your effort ... i hope Asus will look into it ... i have iptv disable because not using such servece

I Do Not Work for Asus... Thanks
NoFixedAddress
Level :
Tech Points : 166
Posted:9/27/2017 9:39:00 PM # 135

Quote:
Author: babis3g Posted: 9/27/2017 9:04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi many thanks for update & your effort ... i hope Asus will look into it ... i have iptv disable because not using such servece

IPTV disabled (by default) here too. Would be nice if users seeking troubleshooting would indicate services they've activated/deactivated beyond the default.

Now if turb-z can submit fault detail via http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_Feedback.htm and specify that enabling IPTV causes DHCP not to work with Samsung Galaxy wireless clients, that would be a step forward.

imgur.com/a/wkIr0 for fuller detail - Originally purchasing a DSL-AC68U upon release, I am now an Australian DSL-AC88U public tester volunteer with unit provided to me at no cost by Asus Taiwan HQ but otherwise have no association to Asus. Forum contributions are purely my own opinions. Stats: Asus DSL-AC88U /w Broadcom chipset running beta firmware v9.10.05 build501 - Internode 24/2.5 Naked ADSL2+ unlimited data via Agile Ericsson DSLAM in Adelaide CBD South Australia with exchange copper distance of 1250 metres (Internode 100/40 VDSL FTTN NBN unlimited data from early January 2018, with node on same street and block at a distance of only 100 metres) - shielded CAT6 cabling professionally wired from MDF to first in-line phone socket - shielded CAT6 cabling from RJ11 wall socket to RJ11 modem socket via RJ11 surge protection component of Monster HDP 850G Power Center - 3dB SNR "Annex A Very High Speed" line profile enabled on ISP end with stability adjustment disabled on modem end - PPPoE LLC - 19500kbps/1320kbps data sync rate and 20500kbps/1330kbps max sync rate from 22dB/14dB attenuation with low error counts and no DSL sync dropouts. Setup: Asus DSL-AC88U's 4x gigabit ethernet ports connected to Seagate 8TB Personal Cloud gigabit NAS (sustains 113MB/s read and write on wired gigabit clients), Panasonic 65" 4K UHD Smart TV 2016, Foxtel iQ3 sat/fta, Brother Laser MFC - 802.11ac connected to Asus Z87-C i7-4771 desktop /w Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100 4x4 QAM adapter /w primary Samsung SSD running Windows 10 Home x64 v1709, Asus 15.6" i7-4510u gaming laptop /w Asus USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 2x2 adapter and Asus 13.3" i5-4200u Zenbook laptop /w Intel 7260HMWGR AC1200 2x2 adapter /w Samsung SSDs running Windows 10 Home x64 v1709, Samsung Galaxy S8+ (2x2 QAM), Samsung Galaxy S7 (2x2) - 5GHz 802.11n connected to Samsung 55" HD Smart TV 2014 (2x2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" 2013 (1x1) - running a purely 5GHz 80mhz WLAN, 2.4GHz WLAN is disabled.
babis3g
Level :
Posted:9/27/2017 10:16:00 PM # 136

Quote:

Quote:

Seems they are aware but did not noticed you are using iptv ... here the reply

We are aware of current IPTV issue, when streaming the traffic will broadcast to all interfaces and cause possible issue for certain cases, working on a solution, it takes time. Thanks.

turb-z
Level :
Posted:9/28/2017 1:11:00 AM # 137

Quote:
Author: babis3g Posted: 9/27/2017 10:16:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Seems they are aware but did not noticed you are using iptv ... here the reply

We are aware of current IPTV issue, when streaming the traffic will broadcast to all interfaces and cause possible issue for certain cases, working on a solution, it takes time. Thanks.
hi thanks I got the same message to from leaving feedback and have had the same message sent a few times since April. nearly 6 months that is taking its time

Cheesus
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:9/28/2017 1:24:00 AM # 138
The IPTV issue is something that has been impacting the DSL-AC88 and DSL-AC68 for a long time.>
>When streaming from IPTV the traffic saturates the 5GHz Wifi interface.>
>You can prove this by either reconfiguring to turn off IPTV or making sure your IPTV box is switch off (or on a BT IPTV box simply change channel to a terrestial digital tv channel).>
>Thank you Asus for finally recognising this issue, it was first pointed out at the beginning of this year.

babis3g
Level :
Posted:9/28/2017 1:25:00 AM # 139

Sorry ... hope this time they will look more into it

nobber1
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/7/2017 10:45:00 PM # 140
Hi, I purchased my DSL-AC88U yesterday and set it up last night. I'd been looking at your forum and after I managed to get the menu system into English, I went straight to build 455 as my initial firmware upgrade.

I can see this new router project is going to be a challenge, as I can already see some bugs.

1) My client status in the Network map page comes and goes, often showing "No data in the table."
2) Parental controls is flakey, my son's phone disappeared off the network and would not connect at all when it should have. I turned off parental control and it came back on, but then turned it back on and it had lost all the previously set up settings.
3) MAC addresses are reported incorrectly. I have a Nas box that ends ":0b" and its showing it as ":0a" There are other MAC addresses in the list not showing correctly.
4) Port forwarding on some IP cameras hasn't gone well just yet but I'm still tinkering with that.

It's early days, I hope ASUS will be working hard and fast to iron these things out or its going back to Amazon.

Any tips gladly received. I do note the factory reset as the firmware updates arrive, so I haven't finalised all my settings.

First  Prev  ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.