ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > VIA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Finding Model Number New Topic
Shelley
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/26/2008 2:10:00 AM # 1
MSAG280413-00608-MBL785-A0l

I am trying to find the model number for my Asus motherboard in order to download audio drivers.
The only numbers I can find are those I have given above. They are on the motherboard on a bar code sticker but they don't seem to be any model numbers that Asus have produced. There is nothing else apart from the name Asus.
Any help very welcome.
Thanks,
Ian.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18477
Posted:4/26/2008 2:38:00 AM # 2
Hi S

How do you know that it is an Asus mainboard...?   Asus usually silk screens the model number between the PCI slots...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Shelley
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 3:26:00 AM # 3

It has ASUS printed in big letters between the pci slots but no model numbers. It also has manyAsus branded chips and other components.

Would another manufacturer have a board like this?

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 3:31:00 AM # 4
Yes..  it is possible.  Asus manufactures boards for large system vendors like CompaQ, Fujitsu-Siemens, Hewlett-Packard.  When the system vendor stops producing the systems, it bundles any extra boards it has as 'White Box' or OEM parts and sells them wholesale.

If you can, list the number on the chipset or any other chip you can find with a description of about where it is located on the board.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Shelley
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 3:51:00 AM # 5

One chip has Asus ASM58 Mozart-2 and it is near the connection for the power button.

Another flat square chip ( about 1 1/2 inches sqaure ) and next to the pci slots has SIS 962L PMA 3227 02321A on it. Another which is on the other side of the PCI slots says ITE IT8707f 0227-AXS zMF 429.

I hope this means something and thanks for the time you have spent so far helping. I'll be back tomorrow as it's getting late here.

Ian

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 4:04:00 AM # 6
The sis962 is a southbridge chip. One Asus board that it was used on is the P4S533 series.  I expect what you have is a P4S533-VM.  This should have an AGP slot, and three PCI slots along with two memory slots....  Does that seem right?

Shelley
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 2:45:00 PM # 7

That's it. I had a look at a couple of pictures and it's P45533-vm skt 478. I am really grateful to you Ulrich. I will now get the audio drivers as at the moment I have no sound. Is the best place the Asus site?
Thanks again,
Ian.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/26/2008 10:38:00 PM # 8
Hi S

Asus does have drivers for the P4S533-VM...

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P4S533-VM

There are a number of C-Media drivers available.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.