Krayer
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/31/2008 7:32:00 AM # 1
When I try to run PC Probe 2 v 1.04.45 I get an error that says

---------------------------
PC Probe II
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

This happens both when I try to open it and when I close it.  Also the temperature bar and voltmeter do not display only the main console is displayed.  I have looked on the web and tried several solution but nothing has worked yet.  Is there a solution to get this to work?  Some of the things I have tried are: look for record file and delete txt files-> there is no record file in my folder.  Change some windows settings -> still get error.  Ran a memory test -> came back fine.  Run a stress test using Prime95 which ran for about 9 hrs -> no errors.

Please help I would like to watch my cpu temps to try and get a maximum over clock, currently I am at 3.5 Ghz with Q9450 and my ram is running at 1800Mhz DDR3 ocz.  GPU is a GTX 260

Also I am unable to run AIsuite.  When I run it I get and error that says EAccessViolation.  Not sure what this is or how to fix it.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DJ_Alex
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 32
Posted:1/5/2009 5:06:00 AM # 2
Uninstall both applications , then reboot, run a registry cleaner and then reboot again and install latest versions for both programs

DJ_Alex - IT Engineer - www.miradouro.pt - www.miradouro.eu - www.djalex.net | Striker II Extreme Rev 2.0,BIOS 1104,Cooler Master Extreme Power M700W ActV2.91-RS,Cooler Master CM Sphere,2x Kingston 2GB 1625MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM, Asus EN9600GT 512Mb,2x Western Digital RE2-GP (Green Power) 1TB SATA,Socket 775 core2 extreme X9770 Yorkfield 3.20Ghz,Cooler Master CM Cosmos 1000,LG GGW-H20LBB Super Multi,Pinnacle PCTV Dual Hybrid Pro PCI Express,AUTO MODE IN BIOS+AIGEAR3 AUTO,Windows Vista SP1 32Bit
Ventsislav Alexandriyski
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:1/5/2009 5:26:00 AM # 3
Hi
Are you using most recent version available on asus website?
I suppose you use vista and this is why you have problems.
Get most current version, right click setup.exe and from menu choose run as..... and run it as administrator. If required run in same way when you start application after install

Quote:
Author: Krayer Posted: 12/31/2008 7:32:00 AM

When I try to run PC Probe 2 v 1.04.45 I get an error that says

PC Probe II
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

This happens both when I try to open it and when I close it.  Also the temperature bar and voltmeter do not display only the main console is displayed.  I have looked on the web and tried several solution but nothing has worked yet.  Is there a solution to get this to work?  Some of the things I have tried are: look for record file and delete txt files-> there is no record file in my folder.  Change some windows settings -> still get error.  Ran a memory test -> came back fine.  Run a stress test using Prime95 which ran for about 9 hrs -> no errors.

Please help I would like to watch my cpu temps to try and get a maximum over clock, currently I am at 3.5 Ghz with Q9450 and my ram is running at 1800Mhz DDR3 ocz.  GPU is a GTX 260

Also I am unable to run AIsuite.  When I run it I get and error that says EAccessViolation.  Not sure what this is or how to fix it.

www.nezavisim.com Industry Automation Engineer / Higher Education / Excellent degree knowledges in scopes of: electronics, electrotechnics, mechanics, physics, measurements, programming, DB, Windows, Linux, Web Design and more understand: bulgarian, english, russian languages ++++++ If you want great support find me at www.nezavisim.com +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ MODERATOR ULRICH IS STUPID IDIOT ASUS SUPPORT ARE IDIOTS TOO MY ACCOUNT IS DISSABLED BECAUSE OF THESE IDIOTS!!!!!
ktony
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:5/18/2012 2:07:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: DJ_Alex Posted: 1/5/2009 5:06:00 AM

Uninstall both applications , then reboot, run a registry cleaner and then reboot again and install latest versions for both programs

Hi,
I'm new here. Almost exactly a year ago I bought an Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 board with a Phenom II x6 1090T. I have 16 GB of RAM. I am running Win7-64 with all updates.

For most of the time I have used this board Probe II has worked well for the most part, though it is slow to shut down at reboot. Recently I was having problems unrelated to this question and ran an in-place update (repair reinstall) of Win7. Subsequently, I get the error messages mentioned in this thread: Cannot start asIO.sys, and an Access Violation with a string of zeros following. The asIO.sys message also occurs with AI Suite.

I have done as advised above, uninstalling both programs, rebooting, running JV16 Power Tools Registry cleaner. I downloaded the most recent versions (though they were what I had been running). When they did not work, I redid the above cleanup and through searching found a newer version of Probe (ASUS_ProbeII_V10487_XPVISTAWIN7). This will not run correctly, either.

I would be grateful for any further suggestions. I really like Probe II and Fan Xpert and would like to get them back.

Many Thanks!

ktony
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:5/19/2012 10:06:00 PM # 5
Well, I managed to get things working again, thanks to Win7's scheduled back ups. It took a few tries, and going back one earlier, plus a bit of work to calm down a couple of other apps which got disturbed by the restore.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.