SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > SK8V  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]**FIXED** SK8V - Won't recognize SATA DVD Rom (Appears in bootup check, not windows) New Topic
hunt
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/15/2008 4:19:00 AM # 1
NOTE: I found the solution, FINALLY! If you are having problems recognizing a SATA device (in my case  a DVD ROM) in windows x64, download the VIA Windows x64 controller from Asus' K8V motherboard downloads page. It will be under RAID downloads on the k8v page. Download, install, and restart. Your device should be working.

Hey all.

I'm having a strange problem with a new purchased LG GH22LS30DVD/CD burner combo which runs off of SATA. So, I got it today, hooked it up, and everything looked great.

I saw that it recognized the drive on boot up. The model name came up and it said it was connected to 'Serial Master' when the VIA screen popped up.

Here's the problem. I can get it to show up on boot, but it won't appear in windows (in My Computer/Device Manager). I have it connected to the SATA_1 (regular SATA, not RAID connection) connection on my motherboard.

Here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD FX51
Motherboard: Asus SK8V
Ram: 2GB Corsair ECC Registered PC3200 (400mhz)
Video Card: Geforce 6800 Ultra
Storage: 200gb IDE Maxtor | 90GB WD Raptor (hooked up to SATA RAID)
Operating System: Windows XP x64 Edition SP2

Is this a driver problem? I've installed the latest Promise and VIA controllers, and the drive still doesn't appear in windows.

PS:

I was messing around with the BIOS but I still can't get the darn thing to show up. I tried changing the Promise controller (which controls 3/4 SATA ports) to IDE mode, but it still didn't work.

I then rebooted, changed the DVDROM's SATA cable to the SATA port controlled by the VIA chipset, messed with settings in bios but it still didn't come up.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.