ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Rampage II Gene  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]Intel RAID option ROM New Topic
Fabulist
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:10/21/2010 8:51:00 PM # 21
Hello guys, I am also interested on upgrading my ROM (P6T7 WS SC), Intel suggested to me I should do that via BIOS upgrade, but this isn't happening. In addition I contacted ASUS support, but I doubt they'll show me a way to do it, since it isn't automatically upgraded through BIOS updates. If you'd be kind enough to take me through this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
R37ribution
Level :
Tech Points : 36
Posted:11/10/2010 11:21:00 PM # 22
1. Get MMTool_3.22_Mod_21FiX
2. Open MMTool and "Load ROM" to open your BIOS ROM
3. Highlight the Option ROM (typically under the name column there will be "PCI Option ROM" and has a "RunLoc" of 8086:2822 for the ICH10). IF YOUR RUNLOC IS DIFFERENT LOCATE THE CORRECT ONE! 8086 means the manufacturer is Intel and 2822 means it is a ICH10 chipset ROM. For a list of Vendor and Device IDs goto www.pcidatabase.com
4. Once you have the CORRECT option ROM highlighted, select the "Replace" tab. (Do NOT delete and insert the updated ROM)
5. On the Replace tab, click Browse to find your updated Option Rom.
6. Once the correct ROM has been selected, click Replace.
7. Use "Save ROM as..." to make a new ROM file and keep your stock ROM intact.
8. Use the Asus EZ Flash 2 utility in your BIOS to update your Option ROM.

I have described the EXACT steps I take to update my Option ROM to the Intel 8086-2822_v9.6.0.1014.BIN OptionROM (size 87,040 bytes. extracted from Intel_Rapid_Storage_Technology_Option_ROM_v9.6.0.1014.zip). This Option ROM is ONLY for the ICH10R Southbridge. You will need to locate the correct option ROM for your chipset but the steps will be the same to replace it.

I have used this same method on Rampage II Gene BIOS rev 1405, 1307 and 12xx.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BRICKED MOTHERBOARD!

R37ribution
Level :
Tech Points : 36
Posted:11/10/2010 11:21:00 PM # 23
On a side note, has anyone used CrystalDiskMark before and after their HD is in a RAID? I have two Samsung HD204UI 2TB drives in mirror and before RAID they had sequential reads of 145MB/s and sequential writes of 155MB/s, now they are 55MB/s read and 100MB/s write! WTF I tested this on the stock 8.0.x.x.x ROM that comes with 1405 and again with the updated 9.6.0.1014 ROM on both the 1307 and 1405 Rampage II Gene ROMs and the results are the same.

First  Prev  1 2 3
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.