ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8Z77-V DELUXE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]'q' code 80 New Topic
dale
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 10
Posted:7/7/2012 3:10:00 AM # 1
dose anbody know what is the q code 80? i get it ramdomly but everything seems to be ok. after a quick reboot it goes away.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18338
Posted:7/13/2012 12:23:00 AM # 2
Hi dale.. 

Q-Code 80 refers to the OEM software initialization..  some issue with the Asus software.. 

I assume you installed something Asus from the support disk..  or elswhere.. and what ever it is seems to have an issue starting up...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Alain
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 44
Posted:7/29/2012 11:31:00 PM # 3
My Q-Code is also stuck on 80. What should it be when everything is "normal"?

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18338
Posted:7/29/2012 11:59:00 PM # 4
Hi A..

Generally, AA will be the last code displayed.. although on some systems with certain BIOS programs you may get A0..

ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/mainboard-oem-sales/Products/Mainboards/Industrial&ExtendedLifetime/D3061&D3062/Documentation/BIOS_PostCodes_AMI-UEFI_Aptio_4.x_PUB.pdf

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
dale
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/30/2012 1:11:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 7/29/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hi A..

Generally, AA will be the last code displayed.. although on some systems with certain BIOS programs you may get A0..

ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/mainboard-oem-sales/Products/Mainboards/Industrial&ExtendedLifetime/D3061&D3062/Documentation/BIOS_PostCodes_AMI-UEFI_Aptio_4.x_PUB.pdf

just was wondering i couldnt find any place in that manual that states that the final code should be aa or a0.....my system from day one of its life has a0 but everything runs perfectly. the q code thing drives me nuts per the manual its says ide initialized ok so how do you fix it? or if asus could just print somehing saying that thats how it is then fine i could live with it. but thanks sorry for the rant

dale
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/30/2012 1:12:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: Alain Posted: 7/29/2012 11:31:00 PM

My Q-Code is also stuck on 80. What should it be when everything is "normal"?

my system does that anytime i tinker with ai suite a quick reboot and 80 q code goes away

Howard
Level :
Tech Points : 1253
Posted:7/30/2012 11:08:00 PM # 7
By installing AI Suite you have stuck a dagger in the heart of your system. Even if you uninstall it and clean the registry of all traces, it still has several services that run in the backround.
Its a complicated proceedure to fully kill the monster.

To make it simple:
If you want no q-80 issues: reinstall Win 7 fresh, install all MS updates, do chipset drivers, RST drivers, MEI drivers, do not use any ASUS.exe named installer on CD, especially AI Suite.

Use this as your driver CD
http://www.overclock.net/t/1248928/asus-z77-series-information-thread-drivers-bioses-overclocking-reviews-updated-6-25

Edit:
Forgot to mention AI Suite will not co-exist with other HW monitor sw like Aida64 or HWInfo

RVirtue
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 49
Posted:7/30/2012 11:50:00 PM # 8
Heh heh. Surely it can't be any more difficult to remove the AI "monster" than it is to get rid of some of those disc and volume device class filter services that are installed by backup imaging proggies. :-D

At least I hope not. I wanted to try the fan controller, but some of the other AI stuff looks like a real messy train wreck in the system registry.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.