Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8Z68-V/GEN3  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Bluetooth Peripheral Device New Topic

Tech Points : 2
Posted:12/8/2012 1:09:00 AM # 1
I recently clean installed Win 8 Pro 64 bit and all the drivers it seems, have been supplied out of the box. The only "unknown device" in Device Manager is this Bluetooth Peripheral Device. I have scoured the web and Asus Forums for an answer and have come up empty. I tried updating device driver via "Auto" and "browse my computer" after downloading and extracting all Bluetooth drivers available for Win 7 64 bit and of course, Win 8 Pro 64 bit ( which by the way, are none ) I downloaded the newest version of AI Suite under Win 7 ( again, nothing available for Win 8 ) and extracted it, preformed update driver routine again and nothing.
I have posted my main specs under my signature and by the way forgot to mention I have 2 264 GB Vertex SSD'S in Raid for my BOOT and 2 Seagate Hybrid Disks in Raid for Data and a WD 3TB for back up. Any ideas?, and Thank you in advance.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Corsair Enthusiast Series 850 Watt Power Supply Intel Core i7-2600K Processor Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory EVGA GeForce GTX 1.5MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 SLI Ready Graphics Card
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18323
Posted:12/8/2012 1:24:00 AM # 2

Hi Von..

I probably can't help much here.. but just for clarity, right click on the device, select properties and then Details and post the VEN&DEV numbers.. if you can find them..

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!

Posted:12/8/2012 1:36:00 AM # 3
BTHENUM\{cbecab40-a2c8-4ab3-adc1-de0fe95d8600}_LOCALMFG&0000

Hope this is what your looking for, by the way, in Device Manager under Bluetooth, ASUS  BLUETOOTH installed a driver correctly ( manufactured by Qualcomm Atheros Communications ) and MICROSOFT ENUMERATOR ( supplied by Microsoft ) installed correctly. I'm assuming the LOCALMFG refers to an ASUS device, but again, no driver found on ASUS website. 

ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Corsair Enthusiast Series 850 Watt Power Supply Intel Core i7-2600K Processor Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory EVGA GeForce GTX 1.5MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 SLI Ready Graphics Card
Ulrich
Level :
Posted:12/8/2012 1:44:00 AM # 4

Hi Von..

No..  the line should start PCI VEN.....  but if the device has a driver, then it shouldn't be showing an error in Device manager..  See if you can find PCI VEN in the Details tab for the device.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!

Posted:12/8/2012 1:46:00 AM # 5

Looking deeper, this "unknown device" is located on the Microsoft Enumerator.

Posted:12/8/2012 1:55:00 AM # 6
Thank you for your time Ulrich, I looked as you instructed and there is no "heading" PCI VEN. I think you are looking for a Vendor? I tried to discover that but the closest I can get is Asus built into the motherboard. I also vaguely remember doing a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64 bit, and had the same issue I think?, anyways after installing the AI Suite from Asus website, that seemed to install a driver. ( I'm sorry, I can't remember the details! ) and so it goes that as I posted in the beginning, this I tried just by updating the driver after extracting the software. ( No, I did not run the setup as I am not interested in AI Suite being installed as I don't use all that stuff and I like to control my O/C through the UEFI anyways.) Thanks. 

Posted:12/8/2012 2:21:00 AM # 7

I know what you mean but, I do not see a "line" for PCI VEN. I see "lines" like:

Device Description: Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Hardware Ids: BTHENUM\{cbecab40-a2c8-4ab3-adc1-de0fe95d8600}_LOCALMFG&0000

Physical Device Object Name: \Device\00000074
Base Container ID: {00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff}
ect, ect, ect.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:12/8/2012 11:36:00 AM # 8
Hi Von..

See if Properties - Details - Property has a 'Parent' listing....

Posted:12/8/2012 6:43:00 PM # 9
Hi Ulrich, very good, I found a "Parent" listing.

BTH\MS_BTHBRB\7&42d85a8&0&1

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:12/8/2012 10:58:00 PM # 10

Hi Von...

OK..  That is the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator..  When a bluetooth device is connected to the system, the enumerator identifies the device and loads in a driver to run it.  Without a bluetooth device, the Device Manager entry will report 'unknown'.. that is normal since the enumerator sees no device... 

Here is some general information that may be useful..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.