ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]AI Suite Q-Code Error 80 New Topic
Herzog
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 41
Posted:6/27/2012 9:44:00 PM # 1
I have installed the AI Suite without any problems, but whenever I use it to read temps or any other suite within the AI Suite, I get a Q-Code Error of 80 and need to restart my machine to get Q-Code back to Q-Code AA. Any ideas?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Intel Corei7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance 1600 Ram, nVidia GTX 560Ti, Corsair 700GS Power Supply, Cooler Master 212 Plus with Push Pull Fans, Antec 900-2 Case, SanDisk Extreme 240 SSD, WD Black 2tb storage, Windows 7 Professional.
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:6/27/2012 10:14:00 PM # 2
Hi H...

AI Suite is a Windows application.. so the BIOS has already run and finished successfully.. or AI Suite wouldn't be available.. 

How is this problem occurring...  is the system rebooting...? or does it continue to work properly even with the Q-Code display at 80.  80 indicates OEM (Asus ) drier execution environment .. but shouldn't appear after Windows has loaded.

http://www.uefi.org/specs/download_platform/vol_2_DXE.pdf

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Herzog
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/27/2012 10:23:00 PM # 3
Ulrich-Thanks for the quick response. The problem only occurs when I use the AI Suite after the machine has been running for different amounts of time. The machine has been fully booted and running fine for hours, until I fire up the AI Suite. The system is not rebooting on its own, I reboot to get Q-Codes back to AA. I have used the AI Suite from the disc and the new download, both cause the Q-Code Error. Even when I close out of AI Suite, the Q-Code Error 80 still exist until I reboot. The machine runs fine otherwise.

Intel Corei7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance 1600 Ram, nVidia GTX 560Ti, Corsair 700GS Power Supply, Cooler Master 212 Plus with Push Pull Fans, Antec 900-2 Case, SanDisk Extreme 240 SSD, WD Black 2tb storage, Windows 7 Professional.
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:6/27/2012 11:00:00 PM # 4
Hi H..

AI Suite does address the BIOS...  I don't know exactly how Asus software is written to interface with the BIOS through the ATK virtual driver..  but if the system is working properly, then what you are seeing on the Q-Code display may be normal as the EUFI OEM DXE executes its routines for the AI Suite interface.  

I've really never paid any attention to the Q-Code display in any of my systems  once they were up and running Windows..  I'll have to do that..  Hopefully others can report what they see in similar circumstances.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Herzog
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/27/2012 11:09:00 PM # 5
Thanks Ulrich! I will just ignore the Q-Code for now. All seems to be running fine.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.