ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Bluetooth Peripheral Device New Topic
Sid Cannon
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/19/2011 12:27:00 AM # 1
Hello everybody, I'm new to these forums, so sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Anyway I've put my new build together and at the heart of it is a P8P67 Pro using UEFI 1503.  I've installed Windows 7 x86 and everything is fine except my bluetooth.

I've installed Ai Suite II and the Bluetooth suite and I didn't notice the problem until I tried transferring files to my phone.

When I went to connect to my phone Windows started installing new drivers for a few things and I was able to transfer files to my phone.

However I now have two items in device manager that Windows failed to install drivers for and they are both listed as "Bluetooth Peripheral Device".

I've tried searching Windows update for drivers for these but no joy.

Can somebody please tell me what these are and more importantly where to get drivers for them.

On the Asus site it only lets me download the Atheros Bluetooth Driver Package and installing that doesn't help.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Sid Cannon
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/19/2011 2:32:00 AM # 2
It's okay guys, I've managed to sort it, well I think I have.

It turns out I need to install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 which you can get from Microsoft.  Once this is installed, update the drivers manually, pick Bluetooth Radios from the list, and then select Microsoft Corporation.  Choose the only device available in this category and install it, ignoring the warning.  Do this for both entries.

I don't know what sort of difference this will make to my bluetooth experience, but it's got rid of them Bluetooth Peripheral Device entries in other devices in device manager.  I hate having other devices, it really annoys me.

Hope this helps anyone who may have the same problem :-)

Ooey
Level :
Tech Points : 50
Posted:3/25/2011 9:27:00 AM # 3

Whats the rough range of your BT device? How far can u go from ur pc before u loose the connection? Is it a reasonable distance?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.