ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Bluetooth Not Working (No COM Port) New Topic
kerrigjl
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/10/2011 8:18:00 AM # 1
Hey all, Just got my P8P67Pro up and running, and I'm running into a problem with my bluetooth. Basically, it's not being seen under Device manager (though I do have an unknown device that I believe to be the bluetooth), I can't install bluetooth drivers (I get an error reading "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid."), and when I start the computer, I get an ASUS Mobilink error reading, "There is no Bluetooth COM port detected. Please ensure a Bluetooth COM port is set up, then restart the system." I installed the drivers from the included CD initially; however, when this didn't work, I downloaded the latest drivers from Asus support - however, I still get the same error as above. Thoughts? Is there a hardware switch somewhere that I'm not seeing? Am I just an idiot :)? Thanks in advance.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ooey
Level :
Tech Points : 50
Posted:2/10/2011 1:58:00 PM # 2
Nope you are not an idiot! I've got the same problem, as have many others. The BT range is so far reported as a measly 8 feet for those who have got the damn thing working (best case). Maybe we've got dud BT transcievers...

Bradford
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/10/2011 10:08:00 PM # 3
Yea, I never could get my BT working, I using a third party transceiver. There are a many reported problems w/ this feature not working. Hopefully the replacement motherboards will address this problem. "fingers crossed"

Dave
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/13/2011 8:26:00 AM # 4
Is any one also having problems with the mouse and keyboard? My MB recognizes both of then and it works perfectly until I shut it down and turn it back on again. It does show them on the list of Bluetooth devices but they don't work at all unless they get removed and installed again.

Nishihama
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/25/2011 2:01:00 PM # 5
There is no Bluetooth COM port detected. Please ensure a Bluetooth COM port is set up, then restart the system. I found a solution for P9X79PRO. Solution must be similar for your P8P67: Go to asus's website and go to the download. http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en I tried Model Automatic Detection. But this did not work. So I tried Select Model Manually. Click START and then on left side, select PC COMPONENTS --> LGA2011 --> P9X79PRO. Next choose your operating system. For example, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit. Make sure you choose the correct operating system that you have on your computer. If everything is correct then click CONFIRM. Now, you will see all the download files. Bluetooth is near the bottom. Click the [+] box and it will expand. Click any one of Global(DLM), Global, China. Click to open it. Not necessary to save the download. The files are compressed and it will be upzipped. Once unzipped, double click the folder to open it. Here, you will see application file that says AsusSetup(Application). Double click this to install the Atheros bluetooth driver. The problem according to microsoft's troubleshoot is the atheros valkyrie bootrom driver. This is what microsoft's troubleshoot said... "Address a problem with your Atheros Valkyrie BootROM. Your Atheros Valkyrie BootROM has stopped working properly because a compatible driver isn't available for this version of Windows. The model name of your Atheros Valkyrie BootROM is Atheros Bluetooth device. This device is distributed by many different computer manufacturers. To find out if an updated version of your Atheros Valkyrie BootROM is available, contact your device or computer manufacturer." I hope this helped. It worked for me. When I rebooted it, I got the following message, "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM3) ready to use."

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.