Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 DELUXE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]UEFI Boot to LSI RAID PCI-E add in card New Topic
Brad
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/26/2012 10:00:00 AM # 1
Having an issue with a new system build... Asus P8P67 Deluxe [bios 2103] | Core i7 2600 | 16GB Adata Ram | PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 | LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i ---- Add-in raid card[latest firmware installed] | (4) Seagate 1TB 7200K 6gb/sec HDD --- in one RAID-5 Array (~2.77 TB available total) | Samsung DVD-RW Drive | 850W Power Supply | Windows 7 Pro 64bit w/sp1 [OEM Disk] | I can boot to the windows 7 disk in the dvd drive by choosing the second “UEFI” DVD drive in the boot list. [If you don’t know what UEFI or GPT disks are, stop reading now.] The windows installer is able to see the LSI Raid card without any additional drivers, and copies over its files; then when it reboots to continue the setup it will post, then hangs with a single blinking curser at what would normally be the OS loading screen, a cold boot or reset will produce the same result. I’ve verified that “windows boot manager” is in the startup list in the bios, and even removed everything else except that. I’ve disabled all other on-board raid and PXE boot options as well. I’ve used UEFI boot to GPT disks before, even with add-in raid cards, but that was a Dell system. Anyone have experience with this issue, or have any suggestions?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Yavi
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 435
Posted:1/26/2012 2:02:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Brad Posted: 1/26/2012 10:00:00 AM

Having an issue with a new system build... Asus P8P67 Deluxe [bios 2103] | Core i7 2600 | 16GB Adata Ram | PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 | LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i ---- Add-in raid card[latest firmware installed] | (4) Seagate 1TB 7200K 6gb/sec HDD --- in one RAID-5 Array (~2.77 TB available total) | Samsung DVD-RW Drive | 850W Power Supply | Windows 7 Pro 64bit w/sp1 [OEM Disk] | I can boot to the windows 7 disk in the dvd drive by choosing the second “UEFI” DVD drive in the boot list. [If you don’t know what UEFI or GPT disks are, stop reading now.] The windows installer is able to see the LSI Raid card without any additional drivers, and copies over its files; then when it reboots to continue the setup it will post, then hangs with a single blinking curser at what would normally be the OS loading screen, a cold boot or reset will produce the same result. I’ve verified that “windows boot manager” is in the startup list in the bios, and even removed everything else except that. I’ve disabled all other on-board raid and PXE boot options as well. I’ve used UEFI boot to GPT disks before, even with add-in raid cards, but that was a Dell system. Anyone have experience with this issue, or have any suggestions?

I experienced the same problem, trying to make a Win7x64 installation on GPT disk,
but didn't succeed. I still have to figure out if lack of some UEFI boot options is the cause.
You may want to try removing any device with EFI prefix from Boot order at this stage and check if necessary EFI Boot files have been installed on RAID array.

ASUS P8P67DLX(3207MOD)-Win7(SP1)PRO64-Intel 2600K-Corsair XMS3 2000 2*4GB@1866-HIS HD6870 1GB-Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B-Samsung F3(HD103SJ) 1TB-Adaptec SCSI 19100-Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Expert-2*WD Extern 1.5 TB-Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W-LG BH10LS30 Blu Ray Burner-LCD HP2229h-IIyama VisionMaster PRO 1451-Logitech Elite KB-Logitech MX518 Mouse-Verbatim USB3.0 External Drive. Cisco-Linksys WiFi-N Dual Band Adapter WMP600N.
altsi
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/3/2012 5:32:00 AM # 3
Hello, I am looking into buying the P8P67 Deluxe motherboard to use with a LSI 3Ware 9760-8i RAID controller card. The machine will be configured with the RAID card set up with 2 volumes, a boot volume and a data volume. The boot volume is a small (< 1TB) RAID 1 drive running RHEL/CentOS 5.5 upwards. The data volume is about a 6TB RAID 5 or 10 volume built with 3TZB drives. I do not want to use the UEFI capabilities of the motherboard nor do I want to use the HBA RAID capabilities of the motherboard. LSI tells me that if the motherboard EFI boot capabilities are enabled, I will not be able to either boot from the RAID controller or even be able to access its BIOS/ROM to be able to configure RAID before bootup. Is it possible to disable the UEFI boot capabilities from the BIOS for the P8P67 Deluxe? If so, how do I do that, and do I need a custom BIOS for it? I could use an alternate motherboard but really like the features of this one, even if I will not use the EFI capabilities on it yet. Thanks a lot for all your help. I did a quick search on the forums and only found this post. If there is a different place that I should post, I will appreciate a reference. I was referred to this forum from an OCZ Tech forum specifically told that people like getyasome, yavi and others may be able to help. Thanks again.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.