Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 DELUXE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]"Enable PCI slot" option in BIOS? New Topic
Robson
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/6/2011 4:20:00 AM # 1
Hi there. I bought this card today, but my PC isn't recognising the card. No 'new hardware found' or anything new in Dev. Manager.

http://www.dynamode-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78:usb-5pci-3pfw&catid=43:controllerpcicards&Itemid=62

I've tried in both PCI slots, but nothing appears. I'm wondering if I need to enable the PCI slots in the BIOS, and if so, how this is done?

Thanks.

I'm running Win7 pro, 64 bit, BIOS v1606 (the webpage above says Vista isn't supported by the drivers available on that page, but the box clearly says its PnP compatible up to Win7.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Robson
Level :
Posted:7/6/2011 4:59:00 AM # 2
Thanks Yavi. So there's no 'enable PCI' option in the BIOS then? Seems a drastic step to take to clear the BIOS settings. It's 'only' a PCI USB card.... I'd have thought that since this Motherboard has been given the rank of 'Deluxe', it'd be able to handle the addition of a new PCI card flawlessly!

Robson
Level :
Posted:7/6/2011 5:00:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Yavi Posted: 7/6/2011 4:28:00 AM

Hi Robson,

I had the same problem when insering a Highpoint RAID card.
Having a "Deja Vu", I rubbed the contact points of the card with a green household
cleaning pad and problem was solved.
Maybe that will help !

EDIT: Since this is a major change of hardware configuration, it might be necessary
           to clear current BIOS settings an start with optimized defaults.

Thanks Yavi. So there's no 'enable PCI' option in the BIOS then? Seems a drastic step to take to clear the BIOS settings. It's 'only' a PCI USB card.... I'd have thought that since this Motherboard has been given the rank of 'Deluxe', it'd be able to handle the addition of a new PCI card flawlessly!

Yavi
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 435
Posted:7/6/2011 4:28:00 AM # 4
Hi Robson,

I had the same problem when insering a Highpoint RAID card.
Having a "Deja Vu", I rubbed the contact points of the card with a green household
cleaning pad and problem was solved.
Maybe that will help !

EDIT: Since this is a major change of hardware configuration, it might be necessary
           to clear current BIOS settings an start with optimized defaults.

EDIT2 (Correction): I meant clear current CMOS settings iso BIOS settings.

ASUS P8P67DLX(3207MOD)-Win7(SP1)PRO64-Intel 2600K-Corsair XMS3 2000 2*4GB@1866-HIS HD6870 1GB-Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B-Samsung F3(HD103SJ) 1TB-Adaptec SCSI 19100-Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Expert-2*WD Extern 1.5 TB-Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W-LG BH10LS30 Blu Ray Burner-LCD HP2229h-IIyama VisionMaster PRO 1451-Logitech Elite KB-Logitech MX518 Mouse-Verbatim USB3.0 External Drive. Cisco-Linksys WiFi-N Dual Band Adapter WMP600N.
Yavi
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/6/2011 9:45:00 AM # 5
Hi Robson,

See EDIT2 (Correction) of my original Post.

Indeed, there is no "Enable PCI" option, since it is not needed at all.

Regrettably it is your misunderstanding, that simple addition of PCI Card has something to do with Rank or Quality.

It is just the case that old / current CMOS settings are not in compliance / sync with
BIOS and new created hardware configuration.

The procedure of clearing CMOS and restart with optimized defaults is necessary for ALL  P.C.'s and becomes a routine after a short time of familiarizing with MoBo.

Would like to hear if Card is recognized !
Success.

ASUS P8P67DLX(3207MOD)-Win7(SP1)PRO64-Intel 2600K-Corsair XMS3 2000 2*4GB@1866-HIS HD6870 1GB-Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B-Samsung F3(HD103SJ) 1TB-Adaptec SCSI 19100-Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Expert-2*WD Extern 1.5 TB-Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W-LG BH10LS30 Blu Ray Burner-LCD HP2229h-IIyama VisionMaster PRO 1451-Logitech Elite KB-Logitech MX518 Mouse-Verbatim USB3.0 External Drive. Cisco-Linksys WiFi-N Dual Band Adapter WMP600N.
Robson
Level :
Posted:7/7/2011 9:12:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Yavi Posted: 7/6/2011 9:45:00 AM

Hi Robson,

See EDIT2 (Correction) of my original Post.

Indeed, there is no "Enable PCI" option, since it is not needed at all.

Regrettably it is your misunderstanding, that simple addition of PCI Card has something to do with Rank or Quality.

It is just the case that old / current CMOS settings are not in compliance / sync with
BIOS and new created hardware configuration.

The procedure of clearing CMOS and restart with optimized defaults is necessary for ALL  P.C.'s and becomes a routine after a short time of familiarizing with MoBo.

Would like to hear if Card is recognized !
Success.

Hi Yavi, thanks for your clarification. As it turns out, I actually don't need the PCI USB card any more. I have resolved the problems I was having by removing USB devices that were overloading my PC. I did however get an email back from the USB support company, who said that a fully functioning card would be seen in dev. manager, and they are 99.9% sure they card I have is faulty, which means I can get my £12 back. Fancy a pint? ;-)

Yavi
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/7/2011 2:55:00 PM # 7
Hi Robson,

I am glad you resolved the problem, one way or the other....

StillI, I  am curious which USB devices you removed coz I have serious latency sound
problems myself and any indication of culprit might help.

I would fancy a pint of original Czech Pilsener Lager.

Cherio.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.