ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 DELUXE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Speakers Not Plugged In New Topic
smeven
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/22/2011 10:40:00 AM # 1
I've attempted several configurations on my system to get the Audio working, but I haven't had any luck. I am attempting to play sound from the rear audio ports on the motherboard. The status of the 'Speakers' Playback device in the sound configuration says, "Not Plugged in". I have verified that the speakers work through a different device. I've attempted toggling settings in the bios for AC97/HD audio and have also changed the plug on the motherboard accordingly. I have also looked through a number of threads online and tried disabling front panel detection from the Realtek HD Audio Manager interface. Nothing I have tried seems to work. I have tried using the Audio drivers provided by Asus and the drivers available on Realteks website. I have even re-installed Windows. I am using Windows 7 64-bit with ATI Video cards, and the onboard sound that comes with the motherboard. Any ideas?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Drew
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/23/2011 5:22:00 AM # 2
align="left">I'm just confirming that I have the exact same issue. This started a few days ago, seemingly after I installed a second 5870 in CrossfireX. I reformatted my computer after the drivers provided by ASUS failed to install correctly (multiple times) and I still have this problem. (The drivers have installed correctly since Win7 was reinstalled.) I know that my speaker device works properly and am looking for a solution having had no luck searching online for resolutions to this problem.

AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 352
Posted:3/23/2011 6:00:00 AM # 3
Which Audio I/O ports were you trying to use?
And what type of audio setup are you using? Surround? Or just Stereo?

Aside from installing the Realtek audio driver, nothing else to configure in the BIOS (I think).
The audio settings are for the front, and the SPDIF out ports.

Not sure if the GPU drivers affects the audio settings. Though I did pull hairs on this about 10 yrs ago.

For stereo, just use the Lime(light green) port at the back.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600k @4.5GHz, Corsair Vengeance 1866 16GB (4x4GB) @9-10-9-27 2T 1.5125v, OCZ Vertex2 SSD, Sapphire HD 6850, Corsair H70, Corsair TX850W, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Antec P180. Do not trust the QVL list, verify the RAM manufacturer's website for the latest and more accurate compatible modules.
Drew
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/23/2011 7:05:00 AM # 4
I am trying to use the Lime port at the back. However, it appears that neither the ports in the back nor the front (connected to HD audio) are receptive to input. I'm running Catalyst 11.2 so GPU drivers shouldn't be a problem.

AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 7:34:00 AM # 5
Kindly verify that you have the HD Audio Controller enabled in BIOS, and reinstalled the Realtek Audio Driver.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600k @4.5GHz, Corsair Vengeance 1866 16GB (4x4GB) @9-10-9-27 2T 1.5125v, OCZ Vertex2 SSD, Sapphire HD 6850, Corsair H70, Corsair TX850W, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Antec P180. Do not trust the QVL list, verify the RAM manufacturer's website for the latest and more accurate compatible modules.
smeven
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 8:06:00 AM # 6
This is very interesting. I am running two ATI 5850's in my system. I have HD enabled in the BIOS and I have verified that the HD plug is plugged into the motherboard. I followed the directions provided in the motherboard manual to configure the HD sound. I've attempted to use the driver provided on the Asus CD, from the asus website, and the driver from the realtek website. I am currently running a fresh install of windows using the realtek driver from the asus website.

AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 8:59:00 AM # 7
For testing purposes, please unplug everything from the audio header that's coming from the front audio.

*Edit - this post should come after post #9. :(

AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 8:47:00 AM # 8
Hold on, what's that HD plug that's plugged into the mobo?

smeven
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 8:54:00 AM # 9
The HD plug from the front panel port is plugged into the MB. Not really important for what Im trying to accomplish. I am just trying to use the rear speaker ports.

smeven
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2011 9:09:00 AM # 10
Done. Front audio unplugged from the MB. Booted back up. The status of speakers says "Not plugged in"

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.