Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter New Topic
Jagadeesh
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/12/2011 4:37:00 AM # 1
Hello, I just completed assembling my PC with i7-2600K & P8p67 PRO. I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Data center on this machine. When I have inserted the drivers CD..it says OS Not Supported. i have tried a lot to install them Manually or Download LAN drivers from Intel. Nothing Works. Please let me know if I can install drivers on Server 2008 or please suggest weather to return this motherboard and get another one which supports. Thanks JK

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:2/12/2011 5:35:00 AM # 2
Hi J..

R2 should be Windows 7..  Did you try the Windows 7 drivers from the support page for your board...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
pa-fun
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 471
Posted:2/12/2011 6:46:00 AM # 3
If they are the same as 2008 R2 is same as Win 7, the drivers should come in once the .inf file is set up right. They are all generic drivers. None of it appears to be custom.

Jagadeesh
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/12/2011 4:18:00 PM # 4
tried both...modyfing ini & installing win7 drivers...nothing works...I am not able to get LAN work..in order to proceed more....i am planning to return MB after this wknd....i was going thru forums..and many hav this issue with 2008 server & P87p67 pro.. thanks for the help guys :)

azuan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 201
Posted:2/14/2011 8:19:00 PM # 5
do not click asus setup .exe but click the drivers setup.exe

for example, to install intel chipset driver, click intel setup.exe and not asus setup.exe
it will work.

i am using windows server 2008 r2 standard right now.

Kinney
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/19/2011 4:00:00 AM # 6
This solution did not work for me. The system goes through the motions of installing the drivers, identifies that it's loading a driver for an Intel® 82579, acts like it's loading those drivers, and then blinks up a dialog box saying know intel ethernet controller found. Then it states it can't load the driver. This exact same thing happened downloading the ProWinx64 drivers from the Intel site (both for win7 x64 and windows server 2008 r2, although they appear to be the same). Does anyone have a solution for this?

Lafontaine
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/21/2011 11:10:00 PM # 7
Server 2008 is vista based, try the vista x64 drivers. It worked on my p8p67

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.