Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8P67 DELUXE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P8P67 Deluxe q-code error 6, "Microcode Loading" New Topic
Timothy
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/22/2011 8:17:00 PM # 1
I installed everything, I got everything running fine, windows 7 worked fine... When I switched the boot device from CD drive to hard drive, in the bios, NO POST. I have tried tons of things to fix, took motherboard out to make sure its not shorting out ect.

System goes through codes and stops on 06
Q-code coming back is 06 which means "Microcode Loading"

I have tried:
 a new power supply, no fix
a new video card, no fix
new DDR 3 ram, no fix

I reseated the CPU, both sticks in different slots, 1 stick in all slots. no fix

I have tried resetting CMOS to no avail (about 20 times),  code always comes back as error 06, no post

(reset cmos, power off, reset it again, turn on. No avail, error code 6)

The Motherboard looks to be dead which is a shame because I expected Asus quality. I am hoping I can do a cross RMA exchange (PLEASE) since I put so much faith in Asus and I have a bad motherboard.

If you can offer any assistance or help, let me know

I am very tech savvy, I have been building computers for years, ect.

I am 99% certain the motherboard is at fault.

Its either the motherboard or the CPU and in my experiences, I have very RARELY seen dead CPUS without warrant.

Please assist, thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Timothy
Level :
Posted:1/22/2011 9:09:00 PM # 2
Some other important info,

The VGA-LED is constantly lit with the error 06. I have tried new ram AND two new video cards.

Thats just about all I can think of to add right now. Please help, I just want a working system :(

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18222
Posted:1/23/2011 1:55:00 AM # 3
Hi Tim..

It is difficult to suggest anything considering all your experience...  You mentioned that the system used to work OK with the optical set as 1st boot device...  and than failed when you changed that..   I expect that now, you can not get back into the BIOS to chenge the boot order back.. is that correct..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Timothy
Level :
Posted:1/23/2011 8:39:00 AM # 4
that is correct. I'm as stumped as you right now. I have tried everything I can think of, the board was acting semi flaky before it just stopped working. It rebooted itself a few times and was just acting weird. I went ahead and requested an RMA from both ASUS and the online shop I bought it from.

Thanks for taking the time to help in any case

Kan
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/4/2011 6:20:00 PM # 5
I am having exactly the same problem. I also switched the booting order to hard disk first. Then it gave me the code 6 error. I wish I could find a solution here. I am so frustrated now.

菜豆
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/10/2011 5:50:00 PM # 6
Dear Timothy,
i have the same problem with you.
do you deal with this problem?
please contact me, thanks. agilewave@163.com
Quote:
Author: Timothy Posted: 1/22/2011 8:17:00 PM

I installed everything, I got everything running fine, windows 7 worked fine... When I switched the boot device from CD drive to hard drive, in the bios, NO POST. I have tried tons of things to fix, took motherboard out to make sure its not shorting out ect.

System goes through codes and stops on 06
Q-code coming back is 06 which means "Microcode Loading"

I have tried:
 a new power supply, no fix
a new video card, no fix
new DDR 3 ram, no fix

I reseated the CPU, both sticks in different slots, 1 stick in all slots. no fix

I have tried resetting CMOS to no avail (about 20 times),  code always comes back as error 06, no post

(reset cmos, power off, reset it again, turn on. No avail, error code 6)

The Motherboard looks to be dead which is a shame because I expected Asus quality. I am hoping I can do a cross RMA exchange (PLEASE) since I put so much faith in Asus and I have a bad motherboard.

If you can offer any assistance or help, let me know

I am very tech savvy, I have been building computers for years, ect.

I am 99% certain the motherboard is at fault.

Its either the motherboard or the CPU and in my experiences, I have very RARELY seen dead CPUS without warrant.

Please assist, thanks

Valkyrie24
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/1/2011 11:40:00 AM # 7
hi.i am newbie at pc components. i have a ram problem like this:
mb : ASUS P8P67 INTEL P67, DDR3, LGA1155, USB3.0, SATA3 (SATA6Gbit/s)
rams :  DDR3-1333Mhz CL7 4GB (2x2GB) DUAL (7-7-7-21) 1.5V
i am using win7 x64
when i put the rams on blue slots it appears only 2 gbs
i tried each rams on each slots 1 by 1 and it appeared 2 gb at all tries . this means 2 x 4 = 8 tries.i got that there was no problem on my rams, right?
after that i put both rams on black slots and it appeared 2 gb again. i  got angry and sad because i couldnt solve my problem.
at last i put a ram to 1st blue slot and other ram to 1st black slot.it appeared 4gb and i am using my pc like this for a month without a problem.
my questions are :
whats the real reason of this problem.
whats the difference between usage rams on same colored slot and usage rams like mine? Is this a wrong usage or not ?

sorry for bad english.i am  trying my best

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18222
Posted:3/1/2011 9:08:00 PM # 8
Hi V..

The black slots are the first part of the A and B channels..  Ideally, you would want memory in the black slots.  The blue slots are the second part of the A and B channels.

Why all your memory fails to appear in the two black slots is difficult to know...  might be a compatibility issue.  a voltage issue.. or a processor installation issue.  What is the part number for the memory kit you are using..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 352
Posted:3/2/2011 4:06:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 3/1/2011 9:08:00 PM

Hi V..

The black slots are the first part of the A and B channels..  Ideally, you would want memory in the black slots.  The blue slots are the second part of the A and B channels.

Why all your memory fails to appear in the two black slots is difficult to know...  might be a compatibility issue.  a voltage issue.. or a processor installation issue.  What is the part number for the memory kit you are using..?

As stated on the manual, Section 2.2.3 System Memory, on page 2-12 (after the QVL), in 2 DIMMs configuration:
We suggest that you install the modules into slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

That's one of the things that's different on this boards. We're used to using A1+B1 as the primary slots for dual channel. But on this one, it's recommended to use the A2+B2.

I've been doing that since day 1, and never had any RAM issues.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600k @4.5GHz, Corsair Vengeance 1866 16GB (4x4GB) @9-10-9-27 2T 1.5125v, OCZ Vertex2 SSD, Sapphire HD 6850, Corsair H70, Corsair TX850W, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Antec P180. Do not trust the QVL list, verify the RAM manufacturer's website for the latest and more accurate compatible modules.
AlphaOne
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 352
Posted:3/2/2011 9:15:00 AM # 10
Hhhhhm. Thats weird, its different. Check your manual. And the slots number should be printed on the board itself.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600k @4.5GHz, Corsair Vengeance 1866 16GB (4x4GB) @9-10-9-27 2T 1.5125v, OCZ Vertex2 SSD, Sapphire HD 6850, Corsair H70, Corsair TX850W, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Antec P180. Do not trust the QVL list, verify the RAM manufacturer's website for the latest and more accurate compatible modules.
1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.