SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8H67-M PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Where is "SM Bus Controller" driver? In Chipset driver included? New Topic
pstein
Level :
Tech Points : 35
Posted:1/13/2012 3:32:00 PM # 1
After (new) installation of my 64bit Win7 the Device Manager shows an unknwon device (resp. a device for which a driver is missing):

SM Bus Controller

What is the purpose of this device?

Where can I get this driver?
Is it included in Chipset driver package?

Thank you
Peter

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18265
Posted:1/19/2012 12:02:00 AM # 2
Hi P..

The system management bus is a system communications pathway and generally, the latest Intel Inf Utility will get that set up properly... so if you didn't install the latest Inf Utility after your Windows reinstallation, install it and then see if anything changes...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
John
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 210
Posted:1/25/2012 4:49:00 PM # 3
I have now built two P8H67-M Pro based systems.

On the first I downloaded and installed the Intel Management Engine Driver from here.

On the second (last week) the driver was automatically installed either as a part of the latest Chipset INF (9.​3.​0.​1019) - from here, or part of the graphics driver (15.22.50.64.2509) from here. Alternatively once the latest Chipset INF was installed the driver may have been pulled-in by Windows. Either way, there was no need to do a seperate install.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.