ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P8H61/USB3  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]P8H61/USB3 switching to ahci after os install New Topic
Dave'O
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:5/22/2011 12:04:00 PM # 1
I have just upgraded my computer and was wanting to switch the hdd operation mode to ahci, I have read the article about switching the mode here http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P6T+SE&id=20091218103408890&page=1&SLanguage=en-us My question was weather this will work for me as the mb is newer than win7 and so it's drivers are not included, The Asus support page (and probably the driver cd I havent checked yet) has Intel rapid Storage Technology drivers, will the built in win 7 ahci drivers allow me to boot or should I install the newer drivers first? Does anyone else have any experience with switching to ahci mode after installing the os on a Asus h61 based mb?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Halbert
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/19/2011 9:11:00 PM # 2
I just successfully changed from IDE to AHCI with a P8H61-M motherboard running Windows 7 64-bit SP1. I made the registry change, setting Msachi\Start to 0 (was 3). Pciide was already 0. I then booted into the UEFI, changed the setting to AHCI, and rebooted. Windows started, I selected a user, and Windows said it was installing new drivers. It then said I should reboot, and everything was fine. The Device Manager shows that AHCI is now in use.

See post #3 in this topic for slightly clearer instructions for the registry editing.

I did not install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers either on the initial install or doing the conversion above, so I ended up using the MS drivers.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic::
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.