ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P7P55D-E PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]VIA HD Audio for ASUS motherboard New Topic
Laurids
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/21/2011 12:24:00 AM # 1
Hi!

I got a P7P55D-E PRO Asus motherboard running win7 64 OS.

When I am installing Via HD audio drivers on my pc all sounds stop working, I have looked through settings to check if something is turned off, but this is not the case. My sound works with the windows driver, but as soon as i install this Via HD driver/program it stops (the same problem happens when installing the program from the disc that came along with the board). I found the driver on ASUS webpage under support and i have tried the newest and older versions but nothing helps. I hope someone can help.

Best regards

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Jagmaster
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:1/21/2011 1:49:00 AM # 2
Hi Laurids have you opened the Via sound manager to make sure the volume isn't muted there?

If it isn't you could try going to device manager and uninstalling the Via HD drivers from there, reboot and then try to reinstall them.

P7P55D-E PRO board,core i5 750 cpu,6gb hynix ram,1 TB Samsung f3 spinpoint hd,Gigabyte 460 gtx gpu 1gb edition,700 watt Cooler Master silent pro psu,Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Ghe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3703
Posted:1/21/2011 1:57:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Laurids Posted: 1/21/2011 12:24:00 AM

Hi!

I got a P7P55D-E PRO Asus motherboard running win7 64 OS.

When I am installing Via HD audio drivers on my pc all sounds stop working, I have looked through settings to check if something is turned off, but this is not the case. My sound works with the windows driver, but as soon as i install this Via HD driver/program it stops (the same problem happens when installing the program from the disc that came along with the board). I found the driver on ASUS webpage under support and i have tried the newest and older versions but nothing helps. I hope someone can help.

Best regards

Hi L, uninstall the audio driver, restart and try this one: Download version v8700a_20100923

Laurids
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/22/2011 2:13:00 AM # 4
Thank you very much for the answers, but it doesn't work. I uninstalled the bad driver so that i had the windows driver on again and then installed the version you suggested, but no result - same issue.

Ghe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3703
Posted:1/22/2011 2:31:00 AM # 5
If you go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, are the Speakers (Via High Definition Audio) enabled?

Jagmaster
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:1/22/2011 7:40:00 AM # 6
I had the same problem with my old Asus socket 775 board, this solution worked for me then it might work for you, also make sure you have the latest HD audio driver before you start.

1)Enter safe mode
2)In device manager disable the Via HD audio device under Sound Video Games
controllers, do not uninstall it here!
3)Disable under the system devices-Microsoft UAA bus driver for high
definition audio, do not uninstall it here!
4)Now uninstall the Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio
(via this device manager in safe mode), Realtek will then also be
uninstalled automatically
5)Install the latest driver from the Asus website
6)and then you are ready.

P7P55D-E PRO board,core i5 750 cpu,6gb hynix ram,1 TB Samsung f3 spinpoint hd,Gigabyte 460 gtx gpu 1gb edition,700 watt Cooler Master silent pro psu,Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.