Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P7P55D Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]Circuit Block Diagram New Topic
ro
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/10/2009 9:06:00 AM # 1
I don't understand why Asus refuses to put a circuit block diagram in their motherboard user manuals. An Asus support engineer recently emailed me that the circuit block diagram was an Asus secret and could not be released. This is preposterous. Both Intel and Gigabyte provide circuit block diagrams in their motherboard manuals. A circuit block diagram is the first thing I look for when opening a motherboard manual. It shows how everything is connected and allows me to determine whether the motherboard is appropriate for my needs. Any help in getting Asus to include a circuit block diagram in their manuals would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:12/10/2009 9:20:00 AM # 2
You can accurately infer the connections or topology by understanding the technology and checking the device chips used.  e.g. If a LAN chip is PCI-based, you know it connects to the PCI bus.  If its PCI-E based, you know it uses one of the PCI-E interfaces.  That's all Intel and Gigabyte are showing you, anyway.

The ASUS support rep mistakenly believed you were requesting a
schematic circuit diagram, not a block diagram.  The block diagram is not considered proprietary.  ASUS is just too lazy to put one in the manual or doesn't believe its a priority.

Never believe anything any ASUS support representative tells you about any technical matter.  These people are paid minimum wage, with no training or qualifications.  And its not just ASUS, its pretty much the entire industry now.

Nobody wants to pay for well-trained technical support, anymore, and it shows. 
I stopped contacting help desks several years ago because it was very clear that I knew more than they did, so why bother.

VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3684
Posted:12/10/2009 10:29:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: ro Posted: 12/10/2009 9:06:00 AM

I don't understand why Asus refuses to put a circuit block diagram in their motherboard user manuals. An Asus support engineer recently emailed me that the circuit block diagram was an Asus secret and could not be released. This is preposterous. Both Intel and Gigabyte provide circuit block diagrams in their motherboard manuals. A circuit block diagram is the first thing I look for when opening a motherboard manual. It shows how everything is connected and allows me to determine whether the motherboard is appropriate for my needs. Any help in getting Asus to include a circuit block diagram in their manuals would be greatly appreciated.

See link below.

P55 Chipset Block Diagram

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.