VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/8/2010 10:09:00 AM # 1
Motherboard: P7P55D
BIOS: latest
P7P55D BIOS 1207
Audio Drivers: latest
VIA Audio Driver V6.0.1.7500 for 32/64bit Windows XP & Windows Vista & Windows 7.(WHQL)
Speakers: Logitech Z-560 4.1 connected via analog connectors (black & green)

Issue: Onboard VIA 1828s audio creates 'pops' through speakers.  I suspect it happens when the chipset goes into low power mode, and again when the system wakes the audio up before playing a sound.

Question: How do I disable power-saving mode on the audio chipset, or otherwise stop these pops from happening?  There is no option in Device Manager to prevent the chipset from being turned off to save power.  I cannot find any relevant setting in the BIOS, short of disabling the onboard audio entirely. Neither the Asus audio software nor the Windows audio confiuration have any useful settings.

Any assistance appreciated.  Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
CoolGuy
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 336
Posted:1/12/2010 4:23:00 AM # 2
You have the chipset drivers installed before you installed VIA audio drivers, right ? Did you remove the previous audio drivers v.7300, if you had them, before installing v.7500 ? Did you update DX files recently ? If not, do it. May I suggest uninstalling audio drivers and then removing the VIA audio device in Device Manager ? After this, reboot and reinstall VIA audio drivers v.7500. Hope the above helps.

System Specs: ASUS P7P55D; INTEL i7-860; MSI R6850 Cyclone; TEAM 4x4 GB DDR3-1600 ; ASUS XONAR D1; ANTEC 650 W PSU; LG Bluray-RW; SONY DVD-RW; OCZ COLOSSUS 120 GB SSD SATA II; Seagate 320 GB SATA II; GIGABYTE iSOLO 210 Case ; LG E2250V Monitor; MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium x64 & WEI score 7.2
rogers
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/12/2010 7:25:00 AM # 3
i had the same issue with the older drivers, what seemed to fix it was to use the high performance energy profile in windows. i agree with you its a power saving issue, the mb built in sound shuts off and then reinitializes when the system plays a sound. when i reinstalled the latest drivers the issue came back, i tried everything disabled via sound, disabled the epu engine.... i couldnt think of anything else to do. finally i had to go back to an older system image with the old drivers. if switching the power plan in w7 to high performance doesnt work there is a fix which i saw in a mac forum. i think the program i used is called blank sound. what it does is it sits in the background and plays a blank sound so the soundcard doesnt go to sleep. uses some resources but its better than the anoying pops. i think it was this program, if it wasnt post here and i'll look harder. http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Blank_Sound good luck

HHC
Administrator
Level :
Tech Points : 9939
Posted:1/12/2010 11:29:00 AM # 4
The only thing I can think of which turns the chipset into power saving mode is via power management in OS or C-STATE in BIOS.

Try setting the C-State Package Limit Setting from the default [Auto] to [C1] or [C3] and see if that helps.

本討論區中並沒有華碩客服人員進駐,若您在討論區無法找到適切的答案,或是希望直接與華碩工程師對話時,請透過技術支援表單詢問。網址:http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
華碩「筆記型電腦」與「EEE PC」的使用者也可以透過線上即時交流系統(目前為測試中)與華碩工程師線上即時交流。網址:http://vip.asus.com/im_tw/imLogin.aspx
服務時間:週一至週五(09:00 - 18:00)
tywyn
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/1/2010 5:02:00 AM # 5
Is there still no fix for the annoying pop sound with the V6.0.1.7300a drivers? The newest driver VIA Audio Driver V6.0.1.7500 is even worse, as they make all my speakers hiss.

The only drivers that work without the hiss or a pop is the first release
V6.0.1.7300.

They need new drivers as I noticed some sound problems (which others aren't getting) in the new Battlefield Bad Company 2 release.

CoolGuy
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/3/2010 8:03:00 PM # 6
You may want to try the new drivers v.7900a (WHQL). Please be advised. Regards

System Specs: ASUS P7P55D; INTEL i7-860; MSI R6850 Cyclone; TEAM 4x4 GB DDR3-1600 ; ASUS XONAR D1; ANTEC 650 W PSU; LG Bluray-RW; SONY DVD-RW; OCZ COLOSSUS 120 GB SSD SATA II; Seagate 320 GB SATA II; GIGABYTE iSOLO 210 Case ; LG E2250V Monitor; MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium x64 & WEI score 7.2
dialsc
Level :
Posted:3/12/2010 7:27:00 PM # 7
i was facing exactly the same problem and installed this new driver version (N_Win_v6.0.1.7900a_WHQL_Win7) right now.

after installing the driver and reboot, windows was using its own default driver provided by microsoft. i only was able to install the new driver of via by browsing to the files of the package downloaded and instructing windows to use this driver. after i installed the new driver of via i do not have sound at all anymore.

wtf is going on???

CoolGuy
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 11:25:00 PM # 8
I think the latest VIA drivers (v.7900a) are faulty. They do not install the normal way. Therefore, do not try to install them. I advised Asus about this issue. I am also sorry I advised people here to install them. Regards

Tom
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/8/2010 11:33:00 PM # 9
Mobo: P7P55D PRO
BIOS: latest P7P55D PRO v1408

The same issue and I hate it.

In my case, with audio drivers of versions 7300 or 7300a the pop only occurs during OS startup and tear-down. With the latest audio driver version 7500 the problem is worse as the pop appears also during OS activity (maybe when chipset goes into low power mode, as you mentioned above).

I'm definitely not happy with ASUS right now. A motherboard as expensive as this should be better tested and should run smoothly. P7P55D PRO does not.

I'll keep waiting for a solution with the next drivers.

Tom;

no
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/28/2010 10:24:00 AM # 10
Latest BIOS, latest drivers, still the same problem.  My PCI Soundblaster stopped working after the latest BIOS update (coincidence?) so I have to use the lousy onboard VIA audio again.  Anybody find a solution?

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.