ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P7P55 LX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Computer doesn't boot New Topic
Sobral
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/13/2010 5:42:00 AM # 1
Hi

I bought a new rig with the P7P55 LX motherboard, and after installing all the components (the graphics card, HD, RAM memories, power supply, etc.), when I press the power button, the computer doesn't start, and a continuos POST beep sounds. Aparently a continues POST beeps means there's a problem with the graphics card or the RAM memories, and for that reason I unplugged and plugged them again. It's still not working though.

What might be going wrong?

The HDD light, when I press the power button, lights up, and so does the MemOK LED and the motherboard power LED.

What must be going wrong?

I was really looking forward to have the computer working today, because tomorrow I won't be near the computer to fix it up.

I'd apreciate some help. Thanks.

P.S - It's a i5 770, 4gb DDR2 dual chanel, HD 5870 GDDR5.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18342
Posted:3/13/2010 5:48:00 AM # 2
Hi S...

Generally, the continuous beep indicates a problem with the installation of the processor... or some problem in the circuitry that feeds the processor like a short somewhere... or you have an unsupported processor installed....

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Sobral
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 5:58:00 AM # 3

Thanks for the quick answer.

I thought it was something related with the memories or the graphics card. Since it was someone else who assembled the computer, I'm not sure on how was the CPU installed. I'll give a look. The processor is supported though, so if there's a problem with it, it's something else. 

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 6:02:00 AM # 4

Hi S..

Here is the listing of supported processors for the P7P55 LX...

http://support.asus.com.cn/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P7P55%20LX&product=1

Can you find your processor listed...?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Sobral
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 6:14:00 AM # 5
Indeed I can. I meant i5 750, not 770. Not even sure if that one exists. I unplugged the CPU and inserted it again and it's still like that. Not sure what's wrong with it. Supposedely the CPU would be inserted and the only cable coming from the CPU unit would be the CPU fan, that would be inserted in the CPU Fan jumper. Right?

P.S - Now I just noticed the computer has DDR2 memories. Could it be because of that? This is a DDR3 board from what I saw.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 6:27:00 AM # 6
Hi S..

Yes... the only wire that would be connected to anything around the CPU would be its fan connection.. and I am sure you have that made..  The next question is about where the beeping (or Screeching) is coming from..  Is it the case speaker or is it from the video card...

Indeed, there is no i5 770... 

Finally, just a word of advice here... if you did not assemble this system, and paid someone else to do it for you.. you really don't want to start fooling around with it...  You paid good money for a working system and the assembler can use your manipulations as an excuse as to why the system isn't working... and maybe leave you 'high & dry'...!

If a friend assembled it, then that a different story... but you probably need to have him or her there to help sort things out.

EDIT#..

You'd sort of need a hammer to get DDR2 in the mmeory slots... but that is possible....

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.