SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P6T Deluxe V2  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - BIOS settings keep getting reset New Topic
Jasey
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/24/2010 11:10:00 AM # 1
Hi, Over the last few days, I have been receiving blue screens with a stop code of 0x124.I have been through a large amount of testing and ruled out my CPU, RAM, graphics card, sound card and worked it out to be either the hard drive or the motherboard. I have two new hard drives on the way so I guess I will figure out for sure which one it is. Since I have been receiving the blue screens, I noticed that my BIOS has been losing its settings over a period of say 24 hours. It does not lose the settings as soon as I power off - I am trying to figure out roughly how many hours it takes for the settings to reset. Now, the motherboard is still fairly new, so I don't think it is the on-board battery because I have had motherboards last many years without having to change the battery. Everything was working perfectly until this all started - running for about 5 months all up. What could be causing this loss of settings? Could it be related to the random blue screen errors? Any insight or possible ways of finding out would be great and much appreciated. Thank you, Jase.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Rich
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 193
Posted:4/24/2010 11:22:00 AM # 2
i would replace the battery just to rule that out they dont cost very much least here in the us about 3 to 4 bucks
Rich

rampare 2 extreme i7 920 do 3x1gb kingston 1600 ati 4890 1gig hd corsair 750 tx cooled by thermalright venonmous x with 120 fans@2000 rpms push pull
Jasey
Level :
Posted:4/24/2010 11:29:00 AM # 3
I will buy a new battery for it, but to me it just doesn't seem like the battery since it still retains the settings for so long. If the battery was flat, it would lose the settings, and then the next time round it would generally lose the settings as soon as I power off. Could it just be coincidence that I started receiving blue screens when this problem started? I mean, it could be something internal on the motherboard. I'm just not sure if anyone has had a similar problem.

Jasey
Level :
Posted:4/24/2010 12:51:00 PM # 4
Okay, I've now been able to repeat this issue and it is giving me an overclocking failed response, even though my RAM was only overclocked to DDR3-1866 (I have DDR3-2000 RAM). Could this be a result to blue screens? Could this be a hardware problem with the motherboard? My RAM has been tested and passed all tests.

ddhiper
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 50
Posted:4/24/2010 8:30:00 PM # 5
see if the RAM voltage and timings are set according to it`s specification (leaving ram voltage and timing to auto (sometimes) does not set them to ram specification . Also do you have your processor overclocked?

P6t Deluxe V2; i7_920c0
maverick72
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 75
Posted:4/25/2010 12:38:00 AM # 6

To run memory over 1066 qpi/dram have to be changed..

to use my ddr3 2000 my qpi/dramis set to 1.55

bsod with code ending by 0124 means  low or high qpi/dram..

Jasey
Level :
Posted:4/25/2010 3:11:00 PM # 7
Okay, so I've adjusted my motherboard to the X.M.P profile. The CPU is now overclocked to 3.43GHz and the RAM is overclocked to 2006MHz and it seems to be running stable for over a day now. It definitely seems that something was set incorrectly though as the CPU was set to Auto (OS controlled) and the RAM DRAM-Freq. was set to DDR3-1866MHz, and the rest of the settings on Auto. But I'm glad it doesn't seem like a hardware issue at this point. Thanks for your input guys! I will check out the manufacturer timings etc when I have time, but for the moment I just need my PC to be running for work. I will see how this runs and check back with the status of how it is running.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.