Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P6T Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]CPU Fan Error - P6T Deluxe New Topic
john097
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/11/2009 5:53:00 AM # 1
I built a new computer the day before yesterday on a P6T Deluxe motherboard. I'm running 4 case fans in a Cooler Master HAF 932 tower case and 2 fans on my Noctua 1366 heatsink in push/pull configuration. Both heatsink fans are connected to fan connectors with Asus Q-fan support, but not the cpu_fan connector, which is connected to the top case fan to avoid a wire over the motherboard or an added cable to the power supply at the bottom of the case. This morning when I turned on the computer, the "CPU Fan Error / Press F1 to resume" message appeared during bootup. There were no inoperable fans, and the CPU was cold. I have rebooted several times today and have received the same error message on about half of the reboots.

From a Google site search, I see that the CPU Fan Error during bootup has been a common complaint with earlier Asus motherboards. Is this going to be fixed in a BIOS update? If not, is there a way to automate pressing F1 when the motherboard stops during bootup?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
1337pete
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/11/2009 6:36:00 AM # 2
Instead of pressing F1, have you chosen F2 to go into BIOS and entered the "Hardware Monitor" to see why it's complaining?  Next to "CPU Fan Speed," it should show the RPMs of the connected fan.  If this text is red, the RPMs are too slow.  If it says "N/A," no fan is detected.  Here, you can also hit enter and choose "Ignored."  The board will no longer bother you about a CPU Fan Error during POST.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Asus P6T Deluxe (1303) | Core i7 920@4.1GHz | TRUE Black + Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 (push/pull) | 6GB Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 | eVGA GTX 285 | Corsair 1000HX | Thermaltake Armor+ | Dell 2408WFP LCD | 300GB Velociraptor + 2TB Samsung | Vista SP2 x64 ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ Asus Maximus Formula (1302) | C2Q 9450@3.4GHz | Noctua NH-U12P + NF-P12 (push/pull) | 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-800 | eVGA 9800GX2 | Antec TPQ 1000W | Antec 900 | Samsung 206BW | 150GB Raptor | Windows 7 x64
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.