It is still best to borrow a PSU first

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Z77 3770K Kingston HyperX 1600 @ 7-7-7-20 ATI HD 7870
To
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/17/2010 3:02:00 PM # 12
Hello to all, Gonzalez, have you resolved this problem yet? I have the same problem and I have done all that has been suggested here and even from the Asus Technical Troubleshooting procedure! I've built several computer systems recently, and this is the first time I've come across a problem, especially from a brand new setup. I found that if I unplug the 4-pin 12v connector from the motherboard, the computer will stay powered until I switch the PSU to the off position. But still will not go to POST. And if I do connect the 4-pin 12v to the motherboard, then there is only power for 1 second and it will shut off by itself. The MB LED, fan, cpu fan, dvd writer and all the case lights comes on in both situations. If you or anyone else reading this thread can help or have the solution to this problem, I would really appreciate it. Below is system: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00Ghz Asus P5QPL-VM EPU 4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR2.800 PC2.6400 CL4 (2 X 2GB) 500GB Western Digital SATAII LG 22X LightScribe DVD Writer DiabloTek 400W

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
First  Prev  1 2
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.