Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5Q PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Express Gate New Topic
Jesse
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/30/2008 4:48:00 AM # 1
So I have installed Express Gate before and it worked great.  Well I needed to format my hard drive and I decided while I'm at it I'll throw it in AHCI mode.  Now when i install Express Gate I get this message.

"Express gate is not installed on your system or the installation is incomplete.  To get internet access within seconds of starting your computer, please express gate installers to install express gate."

I've tried installing and repairing and nothing works. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I thought Express Gate was suppose to install on the MOBO, not the HDD.

Lastly, I'm new with BIOS, does anyone have any advice for setting up the BIOS so the comp is quicker/stabler/better.  I find the Asus booklet it is better understood by more senior comp builders.  Thanks guys!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
terryw58
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 10
Posted:7/30/2008 5:39:00 AM # 2
Some models of the P5Q series have a SSD device on the motherboard for Express Gate to use.  The P5Q Deluxe for instance has this SSD, the P5Q Pro does not.  The P5Q Pro installs Express Gate to the hard drive or USB flash drive of your choice.  In order to use a SATA drive connected to the Intel ports, which are the only hard drive ports Express Gate will use, the SATA mode must be set to IDE.

Core I7 3770 | P8Z77-V Pro (2003) | 16GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Jesse
Level :
Posted:7/30/2008 9:33:00 PM # 3
^Sweet, thanks for the knowledge!

Do you guys have any recommendations on tweaking the bios for effiency.  I just put my HD into AHCI, and turned Marvell adpaters off for better boot time.  Anything else?

Jesse
Level :
Posted:8/1/2008 12:21:00 AM # 4
Anyone?

ankush
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/14/2008 6:58:00 PM # 5
yes i have a query
i am using P5Q PRO and have XP professional SP2. i have mt sata hard drive on IDE mode have installed the express gate , repaired it , removed it and installed again but every time i start my pc I get the not installed message .
help.

syryo
Level :
Posted:9/14/2009 12:44:00 AM # 6
I have a RAID 0 configuration and a P6T mobo; I have just installed latest version of ExpressGate.
At the boot, when system tries to load expressgate I get the message "incomplete installation".
Is there any help?
Thank you?

Bong
Level :
Tech Points : 5065
Posted:9/14/2009 6:01:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: syryo Posted: 9/14/2009 12:44:00 AM

I have a RAID 0 configuration and a P6T mobo; I have just installed latest version of ExpressGate.
At the boot, when system tries to load expressgate I get the message "incomplete installation".
Is there any help?
Thank you?

EG will only works on IDE mode. It will not work with ACHI and RAID

Z77 3770K Kingston HyperX 1600 @ 7-7-7-20 ATI HD 7870
Fourminux
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:10/9/2009 6:00:00 PM # 8
Ok thank you for the tip. Nevertheless is there any risk or things to look at before switching the modus from ACHI to IDE mode?
I got only one SATAII HDD and one external eSATA HDD (- posted in another topic . which is actually not recognized at all if switched on after startup and recognized as internal HDD if switched on before startup).

P5Q-Pro, E8500, 4Gb RAM, Samsung Spinpoint F1 - 1Tb SATA2 2x: One internal primary disk, the other in an external eSATA case. Win7-64bits & OpenSuse 11.1-64bits
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.