ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5ND2 SE  
  Forum  
  Topic : P5ND2 SE sound driver problem New Topic
GuffeHamSelv
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/17/2007 2:03:00 AM # 1
Hello

I have just bought a computer with a P5ND2 SE motherboard. There should be an onboard sound card on it, aint i right? I putted in the installation cd and installed ethernet and usb 2.0. But i just can't install the sound drivers. It says that the driver files does not support the hardware of my computer. I do not understand this, as it should be the right drivers as they came with the motherboard. any suggestion on how to get my sound working?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
galvao
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/22/2007 1:28:00 AM # 2

yes same problem here, now I solved it using only the headphones..can't use the loudspeakers 7.1 because it does not WORKS!

Also having problems to contact then at ASUS! They keep sending me emails with the same text while I want to know if they are going to fix my motherboard or not!

All New, using everything compatible with and hangs to reboot /it does not reboot by itself, I have to turn OFF and the starts again always shows up as SAFE Mode..a hell!!  already spend money trying to fix in the shop..no way still same...they can't find it out!

The ECS is the real manufactor for Asus in Asia....and the same mobo: P5ND2 Se has a C19 something name for it and had the same problem..I had it before(less expemsive of course same sh..)
Running a brand new WinXP Pro 64Bits and having a hell over here...
can't even find the USB driver for it...

AC
Level :
Posted:5/16/2007 7:40:00 PM # 3
Well, in Windows Vista Premium I've had the same problem, but solved it by letting Vista re-install the sound driver in "recommended" mode. That will be as XP with SP2 I guess. Works fine now ;-)
AC

summer1945
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/19/2007 6:22:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: GuffeHamSelv Posted: 2/17/2007 2:03:00 AM

Hello

I have just bought a computer with a P5ND2 SE motherboard. There should be an onboard sound card on it, aint i right? I putted in the installation cd and installed ethernet and usb 2.0. But i just can't install the sound drivers. It says that the driver files does not support the hardware of my computer. I do not understand this, as it should be the right drivers as they came with the motherboard. any suggestion on how to get my sound working?

Hej jeg kan se du kommer fra DK. Jeg er en gammel pensionist der IKKE har engelsk som favoritsprog.
Jeg har også bøvl med lyden. Når jeg vil installere drivere får jeg denne besked:
"Does not support this operation system wnt_5.1p" 
Det kan jo ikke passe når jeg har en original cd med win xp pro TopData har ingen løsning. Det er denne PC: http://www.topdata.dk/product.asp?product=3843&sub=260&page=1

Mooney
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/1/2008 11:36:00 AM # 5
I had the same problem in XP. Download driver file from asus and once unzipped browse the folder for the setup.exe and install from that. In Vista it will install drivers for the onboard sound but not the soundmax application as it is not allowed to run by Vista. There is a beta driver available to d/l from asus for vista that I have just downloaded and will be trying it today.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.