Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5N-MX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]How can i install P5N-MX drivers with windows 7? New Topic
Vassoler
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/21/2010 2:22:00 PM # 1
Hi guys, please help me with this.....how can i put the drivers inside windows 7 to make it work correctly? when i run my install cd an error appears telling me that the drivers is not supported by windows 7! please people help me to make it work, thanks ppl, waiting for answers.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18341
Posted:3/22/2010 1:53:00 AM # 2
Hi V...

The support disk you have doesn't have Windows 7 drivers... or an installer that will work with Windows 7..  So you will need to download anything you need separately and install..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_32bit_15.49.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_15.49.html

Those packages should get most all the hardware working ..  the Vista sound driver 'might; work...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Vassoler
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/22/2010 2:07:00 AM # 3
Thanks a lot dude, I'm sure you are able to help me, I'm dowloading the drivers right now, lets see if this is gonna work....but anyway thanks a lot again see you around!

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:3/22/2010 8:37:00 AM # 4
Hi V... 

Post back how you get along..  You can find a Vista sound driver here...

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5N-MX&product=1

And if that doesn't work, sometimes the 'Windows Update' feature in your IE8 will locate compatible drivers.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Cliff1
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/15/2010 2:44:00 AM # 5
Hi

I am also having driver problems with this board,i've tried loading the drivers from that link & it didn't work for me.

I know next to nothing about computers so i ask that you understand if i ask 'silly' questions.

I ran the advisor before buying win 7 upgrade.The advisor flagged this.

ATK0110-ACPI-UTILITY

green ticked it & added that i needed to get the latest driver or it might not work.

I tried installing Win 7 & was told it was unsuccessful & before trying again should try finding latest drivers.

I've searched this website & can't find any,but what  i did find was a page headed,

Windows 7 supported motherboards.

The P5N-MX was not on the list of supported m.boards.So does this mean that no amount of attempted driver installations will make the board capable of supporting Win 7.

I ask because i''ve not got much hair left to pull out,been messing with this for over a month now.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/15/2010 9:44:00 AM # 6
Hi Cliff..

Very frustrating, I am sure...!  Are you reporting that you could not successfullt install Windows 7...?  I'm not quite clear about that.

If you could not install it, then of course no driver software will help...

Cliff1
Level :
Posted:4/15/2010 5:02:00 PM # 7
Hi Ulrich,

Yes,the installation had been running for quite sometime,it was tranferring files folders etc & had ticked about 5 boxes,it was onto the settings & other things,the last line on this page..I got pop up saying that installation was unsuccessful with a suggestion that i update driver/s before trying again,i couldn't continue & it returned me to Vista.

There is a page on this website. WINDOWS 7 SUPPORTED MOTHERBOARDS.

The P5N-MX doesn't appear to be listed,at least i can't see it,if it isn't there i'm assuming ,as you've suggested no amount of tinkering will make it work.

If anyone with P5N-MX motherboard who has successfully installed Windows 7,i'd appreciate it if they would maybe add a post.

It is frustrating,my pc is under 2 years old & came with Vista os.I know very little about computers but find it hard to believe that the board that it has will not support the next windows o.system.

But that would appear to be the case if i'm interpreting the supported m.board page correctly & i believe that i am.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/15/2010 9:39:00 PM # 8
Hi Cliff..

Do you have an Asus retail mainboard... or do you have an OEM system.. like a Hewlett-Packard, Packard-Bell, Compaq, Fujitsu-Siemens.. If you have an OEM system, then that may be the reasons for your problems.

Cliff1
Level :
Posted:4/16/2010 2:20:00 AM # 9
Hi Ulrich,

Yes,it's OEM,in fact it was the maker who suggested that i install the driver pack from the link you put up here.The suggestion was that they needed to be installed AFTER Win 7 had been installed.The problem i have with that is,Win 7 will not allow me to complete the installation,it's stopped me twice now & returned me to my Vista os.

I've come on here before going to the manufacturers website so do not know if they have come up with anything more.Istarted a thread asking the questions i've asked here.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/16/2010 7:46:00 AM # 10
Hi C..

In some cases, an OEM system will not allow the installation of Windows 7....  I assume that you have Vista in there still... is that correct.. or is it gone..?

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.