ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5LD2  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]B5LD2-TVM/S New Topic
MCEStaff
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/12/2008 4:28:00 AM # 1

The 0211 bios does not support the 3.2G Pentium D (nor does it support Core 2) but the 3.2G cpu does work.

Will there ever be a BIOS update? ASUS seems to completely ignore this motherboard - it doesn't show up in product or support/download lists.

I suspect it's very similar to the P5L2D and that BIOS would work if you would just update the signature.

Right now, I can't even use the E-mail Support form since it requires non-empty boxes for several fields yet won't let you put anything in those fields.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18479
Posted:2/12/2008 4:51:00 AM # 2
P5LD2-TVM/S is very possibly a proprietary mainboard made by Asus for a major system assembler..  All retail mainboard will show up in the support listings. 

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
MCEStaff
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2008 5:27:00 AM # 3
You mean:
"B5LD2-TVM/S is very possibly..."

but,
it's not supposed to be. I am a retailer who bought it from my regular ASUS dealing wholesaler. It was OEM packaging rather than retail.

It is also listed at many on-line retailers, at least here in Canada.

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18479
Posted:2/12/2008 5:48:00 AM # 4
P5LD2-TVM/S...
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=10265
B5LD2-TVM/S
http://www.hotmod.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=427

Makes no difference.  It isn't a retail mainboard.  It is a 'White Box' part dumped on the market but a major system assembler when they decided not to make the system anymore.  You might try contacting Asus .  As you know, there can be significant differences, especially in terms of BIOS implementations, between proprietary mainboards and retail models.  Once Asus sells the board to the system assembler, that the end of the story..no support...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
MCEStaff
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2008 9:50:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: Ulrich Posted: 2/12/2008 5:48:00 AM

a major system assembler when they decided not to make the system anymore.  You might try contacting Asus .  As you know, there can be significant differences, especially in terms of BIOS

thanks anyway.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.