Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5K Premium/WiFi-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Can't see files in EZflash New Topic

Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/21/2008 11:28:00 PM # 1
I need to flash my bios from 0504 to 0612.

EZflash detects my hard drive but when I press Enter to see the files on the drive, it returns nothing. I don't see any files on the drive.

I've played around with the SATA settings, and I think the only time I got to see files on my drive were when I set the options to compatible raid mode. But even then, when I tried to flash my BIOS, I got the message "rom file size doesn't match the existing bios size". With these settings for SATA I can't boot into windows, so I reverted them back.

My USB and CD-ROM drives are not detected in EZflash. Other than the hard drive (which doesn't show any files), I can see the floppy drive too, but the bios ROM it too big to fit on floppy.

Anyone know how to see fileson hard drive in EZflash?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
-
qtip
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/22/2008 2:11:00 AM # 2
You need to use a USB stick. 

Quote:
Author: Conqueror Posted: 4/21/2008 11:28:00 PM

I need to flash my bios from 0504 to 0612.

EZflash detects my hard drive but when I press Enter to see the files on the drive, it returns nothing. I don't see any files on the drive.

I've played around with the SATA settings, and I think the only time I got to see files on my drive were when I set the options to compatible raid mode. But even then, when I tried to flash my BIOS, I got the message "rom file size doesn't match the existing bios size". With these settings for SATA I can't boot into windows, so I reverted them back.

My USB and CD-ROM drives are not detected in EZflash. Other than the hard drive (which doesn't show any files), I can see the floppy drive too, but the bios ROM it too big to fit on floppy.

Anyone know how to see fileson hard drive in EZflash?

vladsky
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/22/2008 2:25:00 AM # 3
USB stick or Flash card, period.  But that's not all, they must be formatted as FAT or FAT32 only,  EZFLASH wont see it if they are formatted as NTFS or XFAT (the new available format since Vista sp1).

vladsky

Tech Points : 127
Posted:4/22/2008 6:52:00 AM # 4

I have had the same error, on other versions of BIOS as well.

I find that having the USB device plugged in before turning on the computer helps the program find the dtrives. I can't see any drives and I can not do anything so I am forced to reboot. When I comeback and try again I see drive and can flash. This is the same whether I ALT+F2 or enter EZFLASH through BIOS.

Posted:4/22/2008 8:13:00 AM # 5
I've tried using a 1Gb USB stick thats formatted as FAT. I have it plugged in before boot... but it's still not recognised. I only see two drive letters in EZFlash, A and C. A is floppy and C is hard drive.

I can't use floppy since ROM is too big, and C is formatted as NTFS, so I can't see files on it. I don't see the USB or the DVD-RW drives in EZFlash.

I've tried using a DOS boot floppy disk. I can boot into DOS with it. But I can't access any other drives from there other than the floppy drives A and B. I've tried switching to drive C and all the way up to drive Z but none of them are accessible from there.

-

Posted:4/22/2008 8:27:00 AM # 6
What is your BIOS settings for USB? Have you enable Hi-Speed... is it on. Also have you enabled legacy support?

There must be some reason why it can not see USB.

Posted:4/22/2008 8:33:00 AM # 7
I'm not on that PC right now. I'm pretty sure thats how the settings were. I'll check later and report back . Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

-

Posted:4/22/2008 8:36:00 AM # 8

The only other thing is have you tried another USB slot? Try the ones at the back... perhaps where your mouse is working... because you know that USB slot works.

Hiker
Level :
Tech Points : 7779
Posted:4/22/2008 5:05:00 PM # 9
Conqueror

Firstly, no hard drives are shown in EZ Flash (no NTFS drives), which means that 'C' isn't your hard drive.
Secondly, the drive letters shown here are not the same as in Windows.

Update is performed like this:
- Put the unzipped BIOS file on USB Flash drive and insert it before reboot.
- Either press <Alt-F2> during POST (Power-On Self Test) or enter BIOS and start EZ Flash from the Tools menu.
- In the left pane, use up and down arrows to select the drives, followed by <Enter> to display the file in the right pane. (My guess is that you will find the file on C - but if not, try the other drives too).

The unzipped BIOS filename is P5K-ASUS-Premium-0612.ROM. Since only filenames up to a maximum of 8 characters (8.3) can be shown correctly, I recommend that you rename the file to the same name as the BIOS file on your Motherboard Support CD or to P5KP0612.ROM. (Longer filenames than 8 char. will be truncated - perhaps beyond reqognition).

A full description is found here:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe%2fWiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (BIOS 2104) -- Intel i7 3770K -- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 -- 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600MHz 8-8-8-24 2T 1.5V -- iGPU -- System drive RAID 0 on 2x120GB Intel SSD 520 (6Gbs), storage on RAID 1, 2x250GB/16MB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA2, additional storage 1x250GB/16MB -- DVD-RW ASUS DRW-24F1ST -- all drives on Intel Z77 controller -- Antec P180B -- Corsair HX750 PSU -- Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 -- Chipset Device Software 10.0.14 -- IRST 13.2.4.1000 -- UEFI/CSM, SSDs and HDDs GPT partition formatted -- IE11
Tataros
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 17
Posted:4/22/2008 9:29:00 PM # 10
You can also use ASUSupdate and flash the new BIOS in Windows.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.